Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Doors & Locks
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Lakeway , Texas
Help needed with inside door handle

on the road in durango and the interior door handle is very loose and I'm afraid about to fall off. 2008 International CCD. can't find any posts on how to fix it. thanks, marty
2goldens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
steel/aluminum fabricator

2004 22' International CCD
Penticton , British Columbia
lol. Dont worry. It will fall off if its anything like the handle on my 04 ccd. Just happened this weekend. What you can do is remove the 3 screws that hold the inside handle on, remove the handle and cover plate. You will see that the handle is basically pressed into the plate on the inside of the cover plate. With a ball pien hammer you can pien over the edges of the inside of the handle. Or.. You can use a 2 1/2 lb axe and an old drill bit . Thats what i used when it happened camping and all i had was a 2 1/2 lb axe and a rusty drill bit.
zedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
steel/aluminum fabricator

2004 22' International CCD
Penticton , British Columbia
The wife snapped this whilest i was busy fixing crappy lock.

zedex is offline   Reply With Quote