Old 09-02-2004, 08:10 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Entry door, what years fit?

Howdy all ,I've been looking at a 66' Ambassador, and the entry door is broken ,purty much in half. Skin is about all that is holding together. As it has been fixed before, makes me think it might be a wise choice to just replace,( if I get it). So what years will fit? Also about how much? I saw one Ref. to a used for $150, And seems like I saw one for new at about $800. Thanks Toby

Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Those doors changed a lot. I would go over to and look in the Archives and see what doors look the same as yours. I seem to recal 68 being a change year. 64 was a skin metal grade change so your problably looking for doors 64-67.

Welcome to the Forum!

1959 22' Caravanner
1988 R20 454 Suburban.
Atlanta, GA
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:31 AM   #3
Rivet Master
The years you want are 1966 1967 or 1968 just get it off a trailer with the curved corning windows and it will fit. Trailer size should not matter. 1965 may fit as well. While you are at it get the windows as well, and sell them to someone else here and make some money. If you do get a door that means the whole trailer is being parted out so go ahead and strip the whole thing of good parts! Price is irrelevent, if you find one you will have to pay what they want, it is not like you are going to have many to choose from at a time and if you have to ship it cross country it will cost alot in shipping, so if you find one nearby that is a little high it may still be cheaper then a free one plus shipping.
Best of luck.

Do it right do it once.
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member
Grin , well I aint got it yet, guess i'm kinda tight. Guess i'm still living in the past, (1 acre of southeastern Okla. land for $200).As to the windows, it does have all original glass. Thanks for the info. Toby
Old 09-16-2004, 04:50 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member
What years fit.update, Plus Corning windows

Just an update, As you can see I got the 66' , the door is at welders now should be able to pick it up latter today.
As to windows, one didn't make it home, well a double handfull did . After looking at it all again, the top alum. hinge/rail wasn't in the channel (trailer side) in the center. I'm not sure if that was the cause (window in a bind) but if you find a trailer with the corning windows , before moving it ,you might just want to remove that window. And I'm not sure it wont break anyway. I was able to sorta strighten the channel and get it to fit right, but I don't think you could do it with glass in . Hope this helps. Toby