The original deadbolt on our 1964
Overlander wasn't keyed and could only be locked from the outside. The doorknob is keyed, but it is worn to the point where it can't be locked.
I removed the original deadbolt lock and replaced it with a Baldwin deadbolt. The Baldwin was more expensive than a regular deadbolt, but I think its worth it for the way it looks. I didn't have to do anything to the bolt, it fit fine in the original pocket. The only changes I had to make were:
1. Cut larger holes in the door skin and interior door skin.
2. Replace the block of wood which supported the skin around the previous lock with one with a larger hole to fit the Baldwin.
3. Bend the edge of the door in slightly where the deadbolt screws into it so it was recessed enough to clear the door frame. I did this by hitting it lightly with a punch and hammer until it would clear - sounds scary, but it doesn't show when everything is installed.