Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Austin, TX & , Colorado
Bargman L-44/L-45

I have a 1948 Boles Aero trailer with the original door lock/latch system, which I think is a Bargman L-44/L-45 setup minus any door handles or locks. I want like reuse this setup and have a inside and outside door handle as well as a locking mechanism.

Does anybody have any recommendations here? I know I can buy a $150 dollar replacement H20-2 handle from VTS but that's beyond the budget and intent here. My leading solution is to get and L handle with a square shaft and locking mechansim built in and just attach that to an inner handle. Any suggestions on one that would fit? Thanks.
-Blake

bgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
Roseville , Minnesota
VTS Scratch and Dent

VTS is having a scratch and dent sale, don't know the sale price but gota be better than S149.00. Also may want to try Dan @ www.vintagecampers.com.

Bargman L-54, L-55 Retrofit Lock Kit

Type: New
Price: $29.95
In Stock (eStore Only)

Description Here is a great solution for those broken H-20 handles and pitted or broken bezels so often found on the Bargman L-54 and L-55 locks. This retrofit kit replaces the bezel and handle with a period looking keyed lock. The 5/16" square shaft works with your existing interior portion of the lock but will need to be cut to correct length for your application. The L-handle lock with chrome finish is built of sturdy die cast steel and uses an automotive style lock tumbler for lasting use. This kit includes all hardware with stainless steel machine screws but does not include the interior portion of the original Bargman lock. We sometimes have those available if yours is missing. The cover plate is mill finished aluminum which can be pollished as shown in photos. This kit does not require you to alter the original cutout in the entry door so an original L-54 or L55 lock can always be installed if you can find a good original lock.

Details

Application: Replacement for the often broken Bargman H-20 handles and bad bezels for on Spartans, Airstreams and many other vintage trailers from the 50's.

Weight: 1 lbs 0 oz

Part Number: CHW011

mbrod666 is offline   Reply With Quote