Old 07-06-2004, 05:39 PM   #1
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Another annoying lock problem - 1988 Door?

Our 1988 Excella has square main door lock similar to Bargman L300 (though different, inside locking bar at top, and 4 screws at corners to hold it together...)

The little flimsy metal "dust cover" in cylinder has cracked and separated, and now steadfastly prevents key from being entered into slot.. I've read the threads, and seen references to Keeler (now in brass drawer pull business after making Studebaker door handles and early Airstream handles..) and Bargman and other references to easily available lock cylinders at "any RV place.."

Two really competent local locksmith shops have now given up on me after I walked in with lock mechanism... Can anyone respond with model used in 1988, or specifically what brand and model locking cylinder (referred to in some threads as tumbler..) I should look for to give to locksmith as replacement..

Thanks for any help!

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off