Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Phone, CB & Ham Radio
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
bci
Computer Consultant

2007 30' Classic S/O
Chino Hills , California
Send a message via Skype™ to bci
Looking for LTE N-Female Switch - DC-5Ghz

I've just had installed a Maximum RV 4g/lte amplifier and it is working great. I would like to add a yagi (Wide Band Directional Antenna by Wilson) antenna to the TV antenna mast for when I am even farther away from a cell tower.

I am looking for an antenna switch (two antennas, one radio) that will switch between the Omni on the roof, and the Yagi on the mast. Looking at the LTE specs , it looks like I need to support a switch that is good up to 3.8 GHz. I've seen "surplus" switches that support 5 GHz, but all the new ones top out at 3.0 GHz.

Anyone have experience with this type of antenna switch? db loss?

Thank you.
WBCCI #7192
N6ROQ
bci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Pleasanton , California
It doesn't look like there are any networks greater than 2.5 GHz in North America. So a 3 GHz switch should be fine.

Instead of a switch, you should also consider a RF splitter/combiner. These are commonly used to join multiple antennas to one radio. As an example, check out this one.
ProPride Hitch, 400 W Solar
alano is offline   Reply With Quote