Old 01-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

Clayton , North Carolina
KE4GBS from Clayton, NC. Licensed since 93.... soon to be upgraded (thank goodness for the new code ruling!)

Old 01-03-2007, 07:18 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Easley , South Carolina
Ham

It's great to find other HAM's who share the Alum. Fever, my call sign is KI4QCU and I reside in Easley, SC

Member #9091

The difference between genious and stupidity is that genious has it's limits: Einstien
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #73
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53FlyingCloud
Okay,
how many A/S owner do we have out there who are Ham Radio operators?
K4NEH
Wish I knew a way to find out. We are a very active Ham, was when we were an active Airstreamer, and am active on VHF, 2 Meter, etc. Perhaps we can encourage the managers of the Forum to set up an Index to Ham Operaters that are members of the Forum
winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #74
2 Rivet Member

1964 28' Ambassador
Natalia , Texas
Thumbs up

Hi N5CCQ here, located in S.E. Medina County, Texas. My Airstream (1964) has been gutted and awaiting a re-model. You say you want to mount a antenna on your Airstream ! If you are a ARRL member go to http://www.arrl.org/tis/Mobile-H.html and look at a full size Hustler 4BTV mounted on a Airstream on a fold over mast. The article is from QST Oct 1980 pages 38-40 looks FB to me.

Bill, N5CCQ
Old 01-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #75
2 Rivet Member

Clayton , North Carolina
Here's how a guy over on Toyota Motorhomes forum (yes, I have a thing for Toyota MHs too) installed a mobile with remote head....

Getting my license - Toyota Motorhome Forums
Old 01-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #76
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
laugh it up

Here's my set up, I entered it in the Jan photo contest also. thought it might better be viewed here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	86 Excella 107.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	30691  

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:13 AM   #77
red
red_wheeler

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Sovereign
1990 34' Excella
Vidalia , Georgia
I checked out the arrl web site as you suggested there in your post wohtex. The address is ARRLWeb: The HF Mobile Antenna
You left out part of the address, but I found it anyway... That's pretty awsome the way that antenna was mounted on his airstream... I may have to try something like that...
Thanks - 73's
Red - k4hvk
Old 01-12-2007, 08:55 AM   #78
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
HAM Group Listing

I am encouraged by the recent posts to my query about findinw who (and where) all of our HAM Airstreamers are located, and agfain would suggest that our Forums Coordinators consider setting up such a group .
An Ideal place for such a group to convene is our newly established Chat Room. It appears to be rarely utilized by any organized group. The establishment of a fixed time and day of the week for convening Hams therein would get the job done very easily and at NO added managerial burden to the staff
Old 01-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #79
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Location of Airsteam hams

Perhaps Airstream Forums is not the best place to accomplish what you are suggesting. The Administrator would have to modify the membership database to provide an entry field for your ham info then every member would have to go into their profile and add their ham info.

I think 2 other applications could accomplish what you want.
Echolink is a great place to have group chats on one of their under utilized conference servers.

Frappr maps is a great place to enter your own location push pin. See
Visitor Map, MySpace Map, Frappr Map - The most social maps on the Web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner
I am encouraged by the recent posts to my query about findinw who (and where) all of our HAM Airstreamers are located, and agfain would suggest that our Forums Coordinators consider setting up such a group .
An Ideal place for such a group to convene is our newly established Chat Room. It appears to be rarely utilized by any organized group. The establishment of a fixed time and day of the week for convening Hams therein would get the job done very easily and at NO added managerial burden to the staff
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #80
3 Rivet Member

Bigjohn, I also live in Easley. It would be nice to see your set-up. If you are interested let me know. Member #1643 here.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #81
3 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
Mt. Vernon , Washington
Ham Radio

I've been looking for the 'sub' culture HAM wing of AS and here it is !!
I'm KD7ZPJ located near Astoria, Oregon and hoping to have some eyeball QSO's with some of you.
Our next rally will be at Newport at the end of Feb. Hope to see some of you then.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #82
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
I didn't realize that a survey of this type would involved as much administrative action. Why wouldn't an announcement in that forum that the Forum is desirous of developing a data base of members that are Hams (Much as a poll would be posted) and requesting that any and all members that are licensed hams respond to the Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25
Perhaps Airstream Forums is not the best place to accomplish what you are suggesting. The Administrator would have to modify the membership database to provide an entry field for your ham info then every member would have to go into their profile and add their ham info.

I think 2 other applications could accomplish what you want.
Echolink is a great place to have group chats on one of their under utilized conference servers.

Frappr maps is a great place to enter your own location push pin. See
Visitor Map, MySpace Map, Frappr Map - The most social maps on the Web.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:52 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Aprs

Since we have had a few Ham post lately, I put my APRS radio back on the air for a while. The link at the bottom of my signature line will bring you to my APRS server which is in a closet in my shack. Check it quick as who know how long it will be up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	APRS Station.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	30986

73 Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #84
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
N5jtz

GM Jim:
Noted your post above this AM - First let me say I have been ablel to get Echolink UP and Running! I found a guy on the Yahoo Echolink Group (Kenneth Strongham<ae1x@Yahoo.com) who understood my problem - Recommended the following procedure to get connected to EcholinK "Go into Explore tab on Echolink -Under Node Type, find "Conferences" Clicking on that brought up a list of Conferences - Highlighjt ECHOTEST)
That showed me that I was UP and able to connect.
He then advised me to go to my Modem Provider and get up on Ports 5198 and 5199 - I did that and Provider tried to get me working using NAT - That did not work, so he said we'll try ""IP Passthrough" - Well THAT Works - I am now fully operatonal on Echolink
Now as to this post - When I tried to bring you up on Echolink, it is still telling me you are not in system
Apparently you - What do you think the problem is