Dear Airforum Amateur Radio (and Future) Operators,
My sense is that there are many current HAM operators within the Airforum community. I've conducted a preliminary search for a dedicated
"HAM Operator Thread" or similar thread with negative results. I have found a few isolated posts about HAM operations but not a dedicated "go-to" thread - but I could have missed it.
After contacting a couple of HAMs out there regarding such a thread, the consensus is to start one. This thread is intended to spread and exchange HAM information relative to "Airstreaming."
So here goes...
It would be good to hear from those of you out there about how you've manages to design Airstream HAM Shacks inside your rigs.
Interesting discussions might include:
1. Introduction - Name, Callsign, Equipment summary; and Photos;
2. Space for HAM shacks inside Airstreams;
3. How you've got the XYL to buy-into using such space;
4. Antenna mounting options;
5. Integration of TOW vehicle radio installs with Airstream;
6. Dedicated Power Sources (solar, battery, etc.);
7. Antenna designs for Airstream boondocking;
8. Off-grid options;
9. Interesting radio contacts from your Airstream HAM Shack;
10. General technical question/answer discussions.
The laundry list will certainly grow over time, but the above might provide food for thought...
To start off... Here's a link to antenna mounting option that one of the members has used on his Airstream:
High Sierra 1800Pro (10-75meters)
Diamond H7 (VHF/UHF)