Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Colo Spgs , Colorado
Ahhh Channel 14

Hola There

So there I was on US Hwy 40/287 just one mile from Kit Carson, Colo. I have the CB on Channel 14 and it starts to chatter. I know it is an AS person complaining about the traffic being stopped to wait for the "Pilot Car".

As quick as that Christmas Story guy I sprang down the line of traffic until I see them ... AirStreams heading towards Montana. This makes my day and they tell me they are from Texas. The "Pilot Car" returns and they leave for fun & adventure.

Then thirty min's later another group of traveler's arrive heading to Montana too. This group say they are from Louisiana. Again the "Pilot Car" returns and this group takes off to continue their adventure to be.

If I did not have an AirStream and if I did not know about Ch 14, neither part of this would have happed.

The other part of this is I am here between Wild Horse & Kit Carson, Colo supporting our 1970 habit ( on Ch 14 ).

Rodger & Gabby
COS
Rodger with a D is offline   Reply With Quote