Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Help question... I have a WiFi Ranger Sky and I am currently in a campground that has excellent wifi, so really don't need it. However, I'm using it simply to test the system, and for some reason, although I can connect my laptop to the Sky's network, I can't get internet service through it nor can I get the control panel to come up.

Ironically, I do not have this problem with my iPad.

?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #22
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
On the top of your screen is the site destination bar, www.etc, and there is a drop down arrow there. Click on that and select the SKY and the SKY control panel will show if you are signed into the SKY.

Otherwise, try shutting it off and wait up to 90 seconds for it to reboot.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
Help question... I have a WiFi Ranger Sky and I am currently in a campground that has excellent wifi, so really don't need it. However, I'm using it simply to test the system, and for some reason, although I can connect my laptop to the Sky's network, I can't get internet service through it nor can I get the control panel to come up.

Ironically, I do not have this problem with my iPad.

?
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Dave, I think you are referring to the status bar at the top with the wifi signal? If I click on the wifi signal, it shows my available networks and that I am connected to Private.wifiranger. However, I cannot get any webpages to load, nor can I get the control panel to show. I appreciate any thoughts you may have. To avoid derailing this thread, I will create a new post.

Here's the link:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f451...ml#post1197539

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #24
LL2
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Spokane , Washington
my install 2010 23FB

Here is my Wifi Ranger Mobile install on my 2010 FC 23FB

I used this 21mm hole saw from Amazon to cut the hole in my trailer available here (see link below) and chamfered the holes to remove any burrs that would compromise the seal.

Amazon.com: 21mm drill bit

I used the IP67 rated bulkhead connectors shown below and can be sourced at

CAT5 RJ45 Waterproof Connector IP67 weatherproof outdoor ethernet

I sealed around the hole using the Airstream approved sealant SIKAFLEX in white and I used the 3M barrier tape around the connector to add layer of protection at the break between the bulkhead and the upper shell.

Along with adhesive heat shrink stepped down to add a seal to the cable a little further up and provide a little strain relief. I think this is a great solution instead of the 5/8 hole and cork method presented with the WiFi Ranger Kit. Probably not cost effective but cheaper than a leak!

I cut and crimped the RJ5 connectors and snaked the wire down to a suitable opening in my cabinet and grometted the wire to prevent chafing and into my "electronics shelf" where i attached the POE to the wall using command strips.

Booted up the ranger and all worked great! I see about 40 Wi-Fi stations in my area. My phone and computers see three. I think this is a great solution for those of us that travel for work in our RV's and I wish I had this unit this summer when I was doing the bulk of my travel.

I head south next month and cannot wait to see how well it works. I took it over to Seattle and was camping on a lakeside and could see and connect to a marina across the lake. I am sold on the WiFi Ranger Mobile!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0413.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	175935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0416.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	175936  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0417.jpg