Grand Junction , Colorado
I just ordered. Now dinner time.

Gene

Old 04-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Kelly,

I'm going to buy too, and thanks for the discount. However, I'm trying to understand what the difference is between the Sky/WFR package and the "Ultimate RV Package" using the WFR Boost Mobile...

I just traded in my "old" Airstream for a new 2012 Flying Cloud, so everything I have should be as updated as possible. I need to be able to work from the road using WiFi (when available) and my cellular 4G LTE connection (I do have Mobile Hotspot through my phone with unlimited data).

I will routinely need to connect with more than one device (iPad, laptop, etc.) at one time.

Can you guide me?

Thanks!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
I may be a little late in responding but I had to jump in with regards to our Verizon-issued Samsung 3G/4G hotspot. We've had great results with it. We were just in Joshua Tree National Park for 4 nights...nothing there, as ecpected...not even cell...but then when we moved to River Island State Park (AZ) on the Lower Colorado River for a couple more nights before heading home, where we have NEVER been able to get anything...no TV...no Cell...no nuttin'....I was able to get a 3G connection.It wasn't the best, but it was good enough for email and some browsing. We were quite surprised. And we have even gotten 4G connections when not too far from Phx metro in a few of the regional parks... We are pleased with it so far, considering we dont' use a booster or external antenna or anything extra.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
Kelly, will the Go have the ability to have an antenna to pick up signal for my various USB modems and such?

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #75
The RVers Internet Choice
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Meridian , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
Kelly,

I'm going to buy too, and thanks for the discount. However, I'm trying to understand what the difference is between the Sky/WFR package and the "Ultimate RV Package" using the WFR Boost Mobile...

I just traded in my "old" Airstream for a new 2012 Flying Cloud, so everything I have should be as updated as possible. I need to be able to work from the road using WiFi (when available) and my cellular 4G LTE connection (I do have Mobile Hotspot through my phone with unlimited data).

I will routinely need to connect with more than one device (iPad, laptop, etc.) at one time.

Can you guide me?

Thanks!
Congrats on the new Aluminum. Very Nice. I was in Elkhart last year drooling over the new models, trying to convince the company that a cool 80K would be worth it for the trade shows. Didn't fly.... We're still in the "old" 2003 International...

OK, the WFR Boost "ultimate" mobile package requires a wire from the indoor unit to the outdoor unit. This sometimes is a real PIA to do, especially on newer coaches/towables. The WFR Sky/WFR Pro will accomplish the same thing, but without any wires, IF you have a powered Sensar crank up antenna. Functionally, they will both pull in Park WiFi anywhere, and if you have a "hotspot device" 3/4G unit, can connect to that when no WiFi exists.

If I was saving $, doing it again, I'd get the Batwing Sky and mount it on my batwing (sensar OTA antenna) and use my "hotspot" feature on my droid phone to allow the Sky to connect to if no WiFi existed. That seems like the easiest install without anymore holes or wires.

However, the SKy version with POE requires a wire, and connection to 12Vdc, but gives the added feature of a LAN port in the coach for devices that dont have wireless.

The Sky/WFR Pro combo is a good deal with the POPPEDRIVET coupon but is not required for most travelers. Nearly everything has wireless, and coupling one with a HotSpot 3/4G phone gives you maximum flexibility. So in that case I'd just get the Sky if you dont need the internal router, or want to use it at home for Fusion Connections. (Yea, the coupon works for that scenario as well....)
Old 04-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiRanger View Post

The Sky/WFR Pro combo is a good deal with the POPPEDRIVET coupon but is not required for most travelers. Nearly everything has wireless, and coupling one with a HotSpot 3/4G phone gives you maximum flexibility. So in that case I'd just get the Sky if you dont need the internal router, or want to use it at home for Fusion Connections. (Yea, the coupon works for that scenario as well....)
Exactly. The link in the post takes you to the Sky + internal router (which can be used at home too I suppose if you need wifi boost there), but if you go to the WFR website home page and eventually get to "products" you can find the Sky alone for $250 (rounded) and with the coupon get it for $150. That's what I did. Great deal.

Considering all the questions we've had, these may be the hardest sales the company has had.

Gene
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #77
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Yes, GREAT deal and I'm very appreciative. I ordered mine this morning...
Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #78
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Ridgefield , Washington
Thanks for the info, Ranger. I still need reassurance that I ( my co-pilot) can watch cable TV whilst I surf with the Sky. I know all too well that the OTA switch has to be off for the cable connection to work properly. The "booster" switch in our 30' Classic is located inside a shelf space of the floor furniture to the right of the sofa facing the rear of the unit. I don't know what I need to do to install the multi feed switch, and how exactly does it operate? Thanks again for all your assistance. This is a very interesting learning experience. Zigi
Old 04-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #79
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Considering all the questions we've had, these may be the hardest sales the company has had.
I intend to take pictures when I install it, as well as using my laptop to show signal strength readings with it on, without it on, range outside the camper, etc. Hopefully that will make up for us asking so many questions.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #80
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Kelly, since you have an Airstream demonstrator, maybe you should sign up for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta to show off your products. I don't know there is any free wifi anyone could get there even with a super booster, but maybe you could show more people your products and have a nice time too. I don't know how a vendor is welcomed, but at least one other (an RV tech) is a regular. There were only 5 spaces left a few days ago, but more may come up. If interested, PM me and I can give you more info on who to contact.

Gene
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #81
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Just an update on my signal booster on the Land Yacht Clipper.

When my TV signal is from cable, (outside source hooked thru the outlet in basement service bay) the signal is not compromised by the position of the antenna booster switch on or off.

My coax runs to a distribution selector box presently located under my TV.

Dave

[QUOTE=1130391] . The only issue I have run into is where the cable channels in the park overlap with the OTA channels.
."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02202012717.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	157249  
Old 04-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #82
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Has anyone that ordered a Wifi Ranger recently heard anything or received theirs yet? I placed the order on 4/7 and ten days later I have yet to hear a peep other than the confirmation email I got when I placed the order. The website still says "Order processing." I understand that not every site can afford to do Amazon-like updates, but I'd think after over a week I'd hear something...

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #83
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
It is a small company and they have to make them. I expect it will take a while.

Gene
Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #84
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Blaine , Washington
I received mine yesterday and installed it today. The package was complete except no zip tie. I had to go to Lowes to get the longest they had, 36". This proved to be about 3" too short so I zipped two together. I also added a Velcro pad on the bottom of the unit and on the antenna for extra hold.

I have two concerns; will it work and will it stay attached to the antenna while underway. We are leaving on a 5 week, 3000 mile trip on Sunday the 22nd. I expect that trip will tell the tale.

Also, I understand they are having supplier problems.

John