Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Whitney , Texas
Sat TV

Does dish net allow network channels while traveling, can you get HD TV from the portable auto find Tailgater dish? I have DTV and the answer is no to both my questions.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
goldwing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
With DISH you can get local network channels while traveling. You need to call them and give them the address where you 'staying'. Also in the setup menu change the zip code to your new locale. Would be nice to do this through the internet but that isn't an option. The phone call is a PITA. I don't have the Tailgater and use the Winegard X1 system.

And in most trailers you will be able to switch between the sat input and the installed over the air antenna.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Whitney , Texas
I was able to switch from my DTV sat to air Antenna by selecting and de-selecting the antenna boost. I hate missing football games while on the road by not getting network channels on my DTV.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
goldwing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Are you talking about getting local channels where your home is at or local channels to where you are traveling to. For instance; if you want to receive Dallas Texas channels you can do that in the Dallas area but if you travel to Denver Colorado you will no longer be able to receive Dallas TV, you will only be able to receive Denver TV.

All local channels are spot beamed so if you go out of the broadcast area you won't be able to receive those stations no matter who you use.

If you have an RV, you can file paperwork that will allow you to receive the National broadcast channels from NY & LA through Directv. No matter where you travel in the US, you can receive those channels because they are not spot beamed. They are broadcast over the entire US.
RVDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote