Old 11-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Northeastern , Kentucky
I use the discontinued Wilson DT4G designed for a small house or a couple rooms. The newer version apparently automatically adjusts the amplification, whereas mine has manual adjustments. My external antenna is mounted when needed via conduit attached with compression fittings to an existing short run of conduit attached to my tongue jack. My coax runs in above my spare tire and behind interior seating, fridge, and wardrobe into the rear bedroom, where the coax attaches to the amplifier and internal antenna. The amplifier is turned all the way up with no interference whatsoever. Consequently, my cell service inside my trailer is outstanding at any location; that is, I don't need to be near the internal antenna. Works great.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #30
Classy Roscoe

2017 30' Classic
1969 31' Sovereign
Kerrville , Texas
Greetings,
The Weboost complete kits have all the fittings as I recall, but Amazon links to several suppliers of cable and fittings, many of which are a twist on that does not require a crimp tool. The "element" is the antenna. Sorry for the confusion.

However, the RG-62 is the deal breaker.

Routing new cable via the fridge access would be the most attractive method and allow you to snake cable out of sight.

Not that you would be interested in our install but we placed the Wilson (Weboost) gear in the TV. The inside element (antenna) is located in the rear window pointed toward the AS.
(301211 inside desktop antenna) made a mounting bracket of it.

There is a bit over 3 1/2 feet seperation between outside antenna and inside antenna seperated by the metal roof thus cross talk is not and issue.

Because in our part of the world cell service has issues, the booster goes with the TV. When hooked up to AS there is very good saturation into and around the site and inside the trailer. Inside TV it is practically a direct connect to the booster.

The TV is a F-250 SD FX-4 diesel crew cab which has 2 batteries and powers the booster for about a week with out recharging.

I am not very keen on punching hold in the AS skin.

Regards

Old 11-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobrits View Post
KJRitchie,

If you decide to use a dedicated cellular antenna, take a look at this thread. I routed the antenna line down the fridge vent and did not have to take out the fridge. Use a spare piece of 20A cable or similar and keep to the right, fish it up, tape your antenna cable to the end and pull back down. I tried to route the cable directly behind the fridge with no luck but keeping to the right was fairly straight forward (or maybe I was just lucky ).
I've asked some questions about your set up in the tread mentioned above.

Kelvin
Old 11-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekerrville View Post
Greetings,
The Weboost complete kits have all the fittings as I recall, but Amazon links to several suppliers of cable and fittings, many of which are a twist on that does not require a crimp tool. The "element" is the antenna. Sorry for the confusion.

However, the RG-62 is the deal breaker.

Routing new cable via the fridge access would be the most attractive method and allow you to snake cable out of sight.

Not that you would be interested in our install but we placed the Wilson (Weboost) gear in the TV. The inside element (antenna) is located in the rear window pointed toward the AS.
(301211 inside desktop antenna) made a mounting bracket of it.

There is a bit over 3 1/2 feet seperation between outside antenna and inside antenna seperated by the metal roof thus cross talk is not and issue.

Because in our part of the world cell service has issues, the booster goes with the TV. When hooked up to AS there is very good saturation into and around the site and inside the trailer. Inside TV it is practically a direct connect to the booster.

The TV is a F-250 SD FX-4 diesel crew cab which has 2 batteries and powers the booster for about a week with out recharging.

I am not very keen on punching hold in the AS skin.

Regards
It sounds like the internal desktop antenna has better range than the flat antenna from the mobile kits. If that desktop antenna was mounted in the rear of the trailer and pointed towards the bedroom would that provide a cell signal in the bedroom? Would it also provide a better signal if sitting outside under the awning? That is what I'd like to have. Putting it inside a wooden cabinet with the door closed would that degrade the signal?

Kelvin