Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Rand McNally GPS Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 7710 7-Inch GPS

Has anyone used the Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 7710 7-Inch GPS. It is supposed to be designed for RV's.

TripMaker® RVND™7710

Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
JDS
2014 Bowlus Road Chief

Cumming , Iowa
I haven't but is it better than a smart phone with appropriate apps?

John S.
JDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Well the screen is a lot easier to read! I have one and am happy with it. All GPS's make mistakes but this one allows you to report back to Rand McNally when downloading updates. You can read my review here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f451...ml#post1094952

They have a new model 7720 which can use wifi and has weather info.

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
I was interested in knowing if the Rand McNally or the Magellan RoadMate was the better choice to buy?

https://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
On the Amazon site there is this comment.

Dave

Amazon.com: Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 7720 7-Inch RV GPS with Free Lifetime Maps: Electronics

By Jerry D. Morris
Amazon Verified Purchase
I purchased the RVND 7710 when it first came out. For over a year it was a love/hate relationship. Reluctantly, I
bought the new 7720 hoping some of the issues that I had we're fixed. I absolutely LOVE this GPS. All the things I hated are not issues with this new unit and now I am one happy camper. Highly recommended! And, even though the RVND 7710 is much cheaper don't buy it ! This is the one, hands down!!!

Comment |
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have the 7710 and have used it for about a year. Overall I am happy with operation of the unit. The 7 inch screen is the best feature in my opinion. Like every GPS it is only as good as the data base it draws from. It not a very intuitive unit when putting in destinations and at times can be a bit frustrating to get it to take addresses or locations. It also has a habit of trying to send me way out of the way to get to a destination. Also mine came with free updates for life but I cannot get RM to acknowledge any of my emails or get hold of anyone on the phone that can help me. They keep transferring me from person to person with no resolution. I bought it from Camping World and that seems to be the problem with the update situation. Of course Camping World says that it is not their problem and I have to talk to RM. Frustrating to say the least. The 7720 seems to be an improved unit over the 7710.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote