View Poll Results: What computer do you use?
PC 180 50.00%
Mac 196 54.44%
Other 7 1.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #253
Rivet Master
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Originally Posted by Macfrodge
But why should this PC vs Mac thing really matter anyway?.
Of course it doesn't matter! I just hate to see a good thread die! And they pulled the global warming thread..

By the way, I am emoticon averse so I hope by not including a smiley in my last post didn't give the wrong impression. It was meant in jest.

Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #254
Rivet Master
2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
Glad to see this isn't an issue with at least one Mac fan!

However, I do encounter plenty of comments where it's plain to see that it does really matter - to the point of cult-like behavior or fanaticism.

Too much of one thing is unhealthy (well... except for Airstreams of course). That's why I have both a PC and a Mac. To see what each is about. Makes the world go 'round.

Maybe it's time to have a glass of red wine and sit down and give my Mac a cuddle. Maybe it's feeling unloved.

Mackhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #255
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
My daughter taked me into a macbook about 3 mnths ago, so when on the road i chat allows for instant teleconference. Works great and is free through aol instant messaging. At first it took sme time but would never go back o a pc. It is fast, never freezes up and turns on and off like a computer should. My dell never worked this good.
safari 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #256
3 Rivet Member
1984 31' Airstream310
on the road , CA and OR this summer!
i love my 17" 2.66 core duo 8 gb ram macbook pro, it matches my 310.
what can i say, i seem to love aluminum
me thinks i should put a woodgrain stripe across the apple logo
MaryContrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #257
Rivet Master
2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
We started out on an Apple IIe then to a Mac. But, we had to switch because of business/work reasons. Both of our laptops and both of our desktops are Dells. They're good computers, not many problems, but they're NOT Macs. Macs ROCK!

However, iPods are another story. Give me a Creative Zen mp3 player any day.
Jim & Rod

Air 10899 since 1/06
WBCCI 2484
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #258
2 Rivet Member
2008 30' Classic
Anchorage , Alaska
We have a mac and a pc. Having been a long time pc user, I do like the mac but I have a blackberry with tethering which works great with the pc in remote and of course urban areas. Haven't tried it with the mac but have heard there have been issues with the mac. If it is true, am sure they will fix it at some point but it is sure nice to use the pc pretty much anywhere with the tethering.
dukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:13 AM   #259
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Originally Posted by dukester View Post
We have a mac and a pc. Having been a long time pc user, I do like the mac but I have a blackberry with tethering which works great with the pc in remote and of course urban areas. Haven't tried it with the mac but have heard there have been issues with the mac. If it is true, am sure they will fix it at some point but it is sure nice to use the pc pretty much anywhere with the tethering.
I use Windoze PC and Other on a regular basis, not sure I would know a Mac if I saw one

Tethering with my Crackberry has been my main incentive for keeping a windoze laptop around, that and the fact that is what my company gives me to use. My personal laptop(s) is a Dell Inspiron Mini 12 using Ubuntu or an ancient IBM Thinkpad R40 running an earlier version of Linux. A BB can be tethered to a Linux machine but it is a bit of a PITA and requires some interesting work around, and doesn't always work the way you want. Hopefully some smart programmer type will write a slick add on program that will work in Ubuntu. I am a serious end user but have some issue writing code.

__________________ many little time...
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:35 AM   #260
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1955 22' Safari
Great Lake State , .
At home, running PC windows with 20 Mbps internet, very fast. At work, UG NX5 64 bit, PC window based, very powerful, support located in India.

toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #261
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We have had a Mac PowerBook G4 for over 7 years, love it, love it. Our computer-genius son only has Macs, would have nothing else, says they are the best place to put your money. I have to say that if it were not for the son to provide tech support, we may still not have a computer. Learning curves are so hard as you get older, but don't know now how we would live with out the laptop on the road.
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 AM   #262
1 Rivet Member
Go Mac and never look back!

After years of frustration with every PC I've ever owned, I finally purchased a Macbook Pro in March of 2007. I had lusted for one since I was a kid. I can say as far as personal use-I will NEVER own another PC again! Although it took a few weeks to figure out tiny differences between the two operating systems-the Mac simply ROCKS! Gone are those long delays when you turn it on waiting for everything to load. Put it to sleep-then wake it up. The Mac is ready in about 7 seconds. Try that on a PC. I have used PC's for both music (I'm a keyboard player in two bands) and for my other normal tasks-including lots of high power games. I learned all the IRQ'S, Ports, other crap. Still had a ton of problems. But the Mac has changed my life! I think you will find Mac users to be PASSIONATE about their computers. Try finding a PC users who loves constantly scanning for viruses, crazy updates all the time and the rest. The Mac is so easy to use. No manual is needed. In fact when I took it on our vacation last year to Phoenix, having owned it for 3 weeks, I dumped the photos of our trip on the Mac. Within about 20 minutes at the hotel that night, I created a cool slideshow with great transitions and music. I never read anything. Didn't have to purchase a manual. Never called tech support to figure out how to do anything. It was so easy. The computer simply works-period. A year later my computer still fires up ready to work in less than 60 seconds and there is no difference in it's perfomance. I have added several high power music production software products and still no difference. Added other Apple products, still no difference. No virus protection, how cool is that! And I use the computer at least 1-4 hours a day. No worrying about spyware and viruses. Try that on a PC! My little website for my Airstream birdhouses I build ( was created in two evenings and I never read a manual. I had tried two or three times to build a slick website before on my PC's. No luck. I could go on and on-but I can honestly say there is nothing I don't like about the Mac. I have probably saved 50 hours of use last year just because the unit powers up so quickly and wakes up so quickly. That alone is worth the price of the computer! I encourage you to purchase a Mac. You will NOT be dissapointed!
my63gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #263
Full Timers/Diesel power.
1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
We are full-timers and would not be without our MacBook, the above poster is right on!
"A settled wisdom, plus the itch to be elsewhere"
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #264

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I guess someone has to speak up for PC

We got into computers at work early on. We were early AOLers, back when AOL was about the only ISP out there.

About three or four years ago, one of our sons convinced us to give a Mac a try. Try we did, but found the Mac difficult to navigate, and we had a hard time with the foreign (to us) commands and maneuvers. After a couple of months we gave the Mac to our son, and returned to the familiar world of PC.

We recently ventured out into the world of Linux with a micro notebook (7" screen) that we use for quick email checks for orders.

In the end, we still prefer PC, and we're still with AOL.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #265
Rivet Master
2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
My Mac's

Have been in the IT field for over 25 years and worked on or operated OS2, Novel, Windows, DOS, Unix, COBOL, RPG, C, assembler, and lord knows how many I have forgotten. Late last year I went and purchased a iMac 24". After I migrated my music, photo's, data, and other info, I had a solemn moment, and then shut down the three Microsoft OS PC's on my network. No more daily adaware/spybot updates, no more daily updates to the virus protection software, and no more weekly/month emergency patching of the OS, just to be safe on the internet.

In fact I like my new Mac so much, I went a purchased a 15.4 MacBook Pro. I can run Microsoft Office for Mac, Adobe photoshop, and tons of other packages with NO problems. Only occasionally do I get an update to the AV software and updates to the OS. I also enjoy the Airport Extreme wireless (802.11n protocol). I have been thinking about installing a Mac mini in the AS and use my LCD TV as the monitor. The wireless mouse and keyboard would be great. It would be compact and provide exception performance.
At work we use Windows XP and are getting ready to migrate to Vista shortly (a corporate decision, not a personnel one), and this a tumultuous undertaking.
I have converted friends and family, with no complaints or problems.
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #266
4 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
Thumbs up Why choose

A Mac that runs both operating systems..for that rare occasion that I need a windows based system!!

Living life on the Road
deauxrite is offline   Reply With Quote