Old 07-26-2018, 12:19 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Sherwood , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by advkrewe View Post
Was there anything you had to watch out for in the fridge vent? DId you drill the hole in the upper plywood and then run a snake up from the hole to bring the cable down?
My TV is not recessed and i think i have a double wall right behind the TV thus I cant see how to get through the double wall to where all the TV connections come out. Maybe I have to put a snake in there and see if i can find the bottom. but getting back there from the fuse panel is difficult. thanks I have more exploring to do.
I used a Harbor Freight fiberglass sectional screw together snake and ran it up from the open space behind the outside door to the refrigerator compartment. The snake came up on the street side of the vent close to the skin. I tied my coax to the end and pulled it down into the space. The overhead on the left side of that space is plywood and I measured where I would have to drill a hole to be under where my TV is mounted and the rear side of the overhead locker over the dinette is. The recess for the TV made it easy but if I didn’t have that I would have fished the coax to the side of the locker where the other TV and HDMI cables enter behind where the BluRay player is mounted. I ran the snake from the bottom up but did have to use a bore scope camera to find the snake behind the panel. Good luck with yours.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:31 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Sherwood , Oregon
Advkrewe
“Was there anything you had to watch out for in the fridge vent? DId you drill the hole in the upper plywood and then run a snake up from the hole to bring the cable down?”

Stay to the right of the vent and poke the snake up until you find a passage alongside the condenser coils. Just don’t get too aggressive, you are in a clear channel to the roof or you are not. Keep moving your entry point until you find it.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:04 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
tarpon , Florida
I am well on my way with this install. Our to far in to stop now. Working from inside out, the fridge, the flu, and a big open space. IAM coming down the flu and will go in the open space through the plug opening. More once I get that far. Pics/video once I get done.

Instagram
Blog
advkrewe is offline   Reply With Quote