Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
Opinionated newb...
 
wave man's Avatar
 
2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 400
Internet interior plug location

Ok folks looking to put internet into the trailer, I see the plug outside.... but where does the plug inside reside? Can’t seem to put eyes on it.... anyone please!!!
Thanks in advance
__________________

__________________
Men are but men, and the greatest men are they who soonest learn the simpler things. ROBERT E. HOWARD

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #2
Moderator
 
DKB_SATX's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,091
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wave man View Post
Ok folks looking to put internet into the trailer, I see the plug outside.... but where does the plug inside reside? Can’t seem to put eyes on it.... anyone please!!!
Thanks in advance
Plug outside? On a 2018? Are you talking about one of the coax plugs in the Furrion port near the main shore power inlet? If so, and if you have coax cable-modem service where you're parking the trailer, you could put the cable in on the satellite port and there's coax for it somewhere behind your bluray player in that cabinet. You could put the cablemodem in the cabinet and run ethernet from there, or put a wifi router there (or your cable provider may give you a wifi cablemodem combo device.)

If you want both video and data from the cable company, you probably need to split the line before entering the trailer and hook up to both of those coax inlets, and if your cable provider is like most current ones you'll need some sort of converter box at your TV(s).

If you're not talking about those coax inlets, I don't know what you mean.
__________________

__________________
— David

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
Half a Rivet Short
 
2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 6,534
Hi

If you *are* doing a cable modem, understand that each and every system has their own requirements for that modem. What works on this system may not work on that system. You also will need an account with whatever outfit feeds cable to the campground. Since campgrounds are often out in the sticks .... who knows who that might be.

Indeed if you are stationary at a single location pretty much all the time, none of this may be a big deal. That *is* an unusual case. There also is the case of a campground supplied cable modem ... also not real common.

One simple answer in the more normal case is to use WiFi to connect rather than a cable modem. Another simple answer is to use a cellular modem.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #4
Opinionated newb...
 
wave man's Avatar
 
2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Plug outside? On a 2018? Are you talking about one of the coax plugs in the Furrion port near the main shore power inlet? If so, and if you have coax cable-modem service where you're parking the trailer, you could put the cable in on the satellite port and there's coax for it somewhere behind your bluray player in that cabinet. You could put the cablemodem in the cabinet and run ethernet from there, or put a wifi router there (or your cable provider may give you a wifi cablemodem combo device.)



If you want both video and data from the cable company, you probably need to split the line before entering the trailer and hook up to both of those coax inlets, and if your cable provider is like most current ones you'll need some sort of converter box at your TV(s).



If you're not talking about those coax inlets, I don't know what you mean.

I couldn’t find my manual and a handful of searches got me zilch...
Nailed it. Had some fun taking out the cabinet the blu Ray is mounted in and pulled out a huge mass of cables... found one end of a coaxial!!!! Better be hooked up to the exterior plug!!! 🤨
Thank you! Now to test the signal....
__________________
Men are but men, and the greatest men are they who soonest learn the simpler things. ROBERT E. HOWARD

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #5
Opinionated newb...
 
wave man's Avatar
 
2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

If you *are* doing a cable modem, understand that each and every system has their own requirements for that modem. What works on this system may not work on that system. You also will need an account with whatever outfit feeds cable to the campground. Since campgrounds are often out in the sticks .... who knows who that might be.

Indeed if you are stationary at a single location pretty much all the time, none of this may be a big deal. That *is* an unusual case. There also is the case of a campground supplied cable modem ... also not real common.

One simple answer in the more normal case is to use WiFi to connect rather than a cable modem. Another simple answer is to use a cellular modem.

Bob


Until I can retire for real I’m just practicing, want internet for entertaining kids and self on occasion.... when I’m not on a plane somewhere
Thanks for the replies!!!
__________________
Men are but men, and the greatest men are they who soonest learn the simpler things. ROBERT E. HOWARD

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to plug in or to not plug in...that is the questions 4hartungs Batteries, Univolts, Converters & Inverters 39 04-23-2014 03:44 PM
location location location goransons Airstreams on eBay 0 12-05-2009 09:29 AM
Location, Location, Location........... ROBERTSUNRUS Brakes & Brake Controllers 5 08-29-2009 06:13 PM
Trailer plug - Adapter or New Plug?? Jason1101 Brakes & Brake Controllers 4 01-23-2003 05:24 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.