Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2016, 03:45 AM   #21
www.streamingairheads.com

Gettysburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
If you go into the TV or Blu-ray settings and find a place for an Internet connection and there is only a setup for a wired ethernet connection, you don't have wireless. You'd have to purchase something like a Roku player to plug into an HDMI jack on the TV (there is a model of Roku that supports a composite connection but you need to purchase the adapter, separately).

What are the model numbers of the Blu-ray and TV? We can look them up and give you more information.
What's odd about the whole thing is that the Netflix logo (and others) appear on the TV, as if the Blueray was wireless or the TVs were Smart TVs. It makes no sense to me why that would be if they can't access through the TV or the BlueRay.
streamingairheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:19 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
How to make my blu-ray player work wirelessly?

It surprised me too AS picked a Blu Ray player with a wired connection.

For a non-techie, I'd say replacing it with a Wireless player, or upgrading to a smart TV, is the way to go.

Since I am a bit of a nerd, I built my own booster network for my 2016 FC. I use two routers, one flashed with DD-WRT firmware running as a Bridge connected to the camp, and one running regular Linksys software to supply WiFi all my devices in the coach. Since my DD-WRT router has an external antenna jack, I use a short cable to a 9 dB antenna.

I just ran a short Cat 5 ethernet cable from My Linksys router to the AS BlueRay player. If you have a decent WiFi connection (2 Mbps or better) video streaming off say Amazon Prime is pretty good. Note: I do not stream video normally, as I do not want to be a 'data hog' on camp wifi. I did it more as a curiosity, really.

“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:24 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Lakeport , Michigan
We just took delivery on a 2017 FC 23FB and have this wired Ethernet only Bluray. I was flabbergasted, and contacted AS. They said something along the lines of "we don't provide wifi equipment". I pointed out that the wifi model of the Samsung is literally only about $10 more. Really? On a $65k+ TT?

Plugged a $39 Roku Streaming Stick into the spare HDMI port on the TV, power from the TV USB port, and called it fixed. The Roku has far, far more streaming apps available than the Samsung anyway. Works just dandy (assuming you have campground wifi or a hotspot, which you would need in any case). We use a Roku at home as well, and all of our installed apps synced right up to the new stick.

First post, love the forum and glad to join the AS family!
Motown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:55 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
I understand that you want to make the Blue-Ray player work but your cheapest, easiest and best quality option will be to get a device like an Amazon Fire TVstick or Roku/Apple tv device, as others have suggested. Admittedly, I haven't streamed from a Blu-Ray in some time but when I did it was clunky. And you can use the wireless devices on the road too. I plan to use my truck's 4G/LTE or use my iPhone as a hotspot on my upcoming trip.

Edit: ditto to the post above me.
ATownTX is offline   Reply With Quote