Old 05-14-2019, 07:26 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejones View Post
The satellite coax is supposed to be under the cabinet holding the BlueRay disk player. In our case it was not. After unscrewing and moving the cabinet to the side, I spent close to half an hour sorting through the rat's next of wires beneath this cabinet and could not find the coax wire. Surely it must be here I thought as I looked and looked. Finally I had to remove the screws to the triangular (sort of) panel giving access to the area behind the speaker. It took a flash light and a mirror and a lot of poking around to finally find the coax wire buried at the bottom of the other rat's next of wires that is back there. By the way, someone here said the coax is white. Mine was black. So if you can't find your satellite coax wire try looking in this area.

Steve
Now that you mention it, my friend said he had to fish around behind the Clarion to find his HDMI connection; mine was right behind my Blueray.

Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #86
AirDreamer

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
We have had Dish for 3 years now. It has worked flawlessly. One note if it hasn't already been said here, calling for locals is a must if you have Dish also in your home. The Dish app and website will not work to change the locals. Fortunately, it only takes a few minutes.

We also did not have a SAT wire in the electronic cabinet when we looked for it. We have a 2019 classic 30. To find the wire you have to take the right side of the TV cabinet out and you will find it there. Too short to reach the electronic cabinet. Why too short? They ran the SAT through a harness under the dinette seat in the wrong direction and had to double back when going up the wall. It then becomes too short. You will need to add a three-foot extension to the wire and route up to the cabinet. This has happened to more Classics than just mine.

We have heard that Dish has improved upon their satellite antenna. If anyone has more details or can ploint to an article about it, I would appreciate it.

xxx Council Rejected! xxx

***Support Airstream Forum***
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote