Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #1

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Dish Moving to Eastern Arc Satellites

I just got off the phone with Dish Customer Service and then placed a call and talked to Advanced Technical Support to verify the following information. Dish will be now aiming new installations or installations with receiver changes to the Eastern Arc satellites. Apparently those satellites will become the main carriers of HD services. Supposedly this move will provide better signal strength and better quality reception.

I called tonight and was given an option for free, to upgrade my existing home Hopper receiver to the latest receiver which is the Hopper with Sling. I've only had my existing Hopper about 15 months and was surprised that they would be offering me a free upgrade so soon. In accordance with this change my rooftop dish will get a new LNB and will be reaimed to the Eastern Arc satellites. When I asked if this was a regional change, I was told that it was nationwide.

I asked about my Tailgater and they said that it will continue to use the Western Arc satellites. I think the handwriting is on the wall and that once Dish has effectively moved their fixed dish customers over to the Eastern satellites, we may see a reduction in programming available from the Western Arc. How long that may take may take some time, but in researching the Eastern Arc, I found that many major cities were moved in 2010. Now I guess the move is on for the balance of the country. It will be interesting to see how this affects those of us who carry fixed dishes for use with Hopper and other Dish receivers.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Don't you just love change???????????????

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote