Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Computers, Internet & Satellite
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2017, 07:37 AM   #21

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Northport , Colorado
Good luck, you got this!

Once I had the right instructions (posted as .pdf by GREENFLAG earlier in the thread), and the right MONOPIECE 4x2 splitter, it was simple. The ONLY thing that was a challenge was working with the cables and boxes in such a confined shelf space area. Even having unscrewed the shelf that covers the blu-ray, there was still restriction of movement because the shelf is still there....just has some freedoms of movement.....and the cord lengths of the cables are not the longest...so that kinda restricts movement...there are still some cables coming up through the circular hole in the back corner from the radio area. Ive attached photo of how mine turned out. I ended up setting the monopiece splitter to make it sit "level" and to have the Receiver ID info handy.

Good luck!!
ROLNSTONE
RLNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #22

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Northport , Colorado
Photo attached (had to minimize it)

Here you go
Old 04-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #23

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Northport , Colorado
OK....it's been a while since I posted a pic....

Third try is a charm.... by now, I'm sure you have already installed and had great success!!!! .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	283150  
Old 04-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Greer , South Carolina
Did you use the 12v pin power or another option for the sat receiver. I didn't have the splitter and am on the road so we are going to a Best Buy this morning to purchase one.
Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #25

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Northport , Colorado
I went strictly by the instructions in the .pdf. Airstream a Tech a Support can also email you the .pdf instructions. Best Buy did not carry the Monopiece 4:2 splitter... I had to order it online.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:59 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cispook View Post
Did you use the 12v pin power or another option for the sat receiver. I didn't have the splitter and am on the road so we are going to a Best Buy this morning to purchase one.

My Wally receiver uses 120VAC power.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:02 AM   #27

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Northport , Colorado
Hey there, forgot to answer this part.... I used the 120V plug in for power of the sat. Just don't plug it into the "Inverter" plug receptacle.

How did it go?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:21 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Greer , South Carolina
We left this open by error. RLNSTN and I continue our conversation off-forum. The install was delayed until I returned home this past week. All is well and I've gained another AS friend I hope to meet one day.
Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
I was glad to read this string of posts. I am having a problem with not getting all of my satellite channels. I have checked connections at the street side SAT/Cable plug and both connections are tight. I will check with a meter tomorrow. I have replaced the factory splitter with a 4x2 splitter and replaced the BluRay player with a wireless unit. At first, (last Spring) the DISH setup worked great,but it seems to have degraded. I have ordered a new coax and will try connecting directly to the receiver. If I still have the same problem, I will contact DISH and Winegard again and see what my options are. I am glad to learn that the SAT cable is a home run from the outside connector to the electronics box. That will help when I call about my problem.

You guys are great!
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
LOS. Do you have it when looking at the satellites. Don't think you said anything about it.