Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Computers, Internet & Satellite
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Temple , Texas
Dish install and HTML cable issue

I have been setting up a Dish Sat system in our Airstream and had an issue with Error 019 - "cable card upside down". We have not been on the road yet but the problem is occurring while testing the system in our back yard where the AS is parked.
This is what is interesting, last weekend I also installed a larger/new TV in the living room and broke the end my HTML cable - not good. I by passed the broken cable by using a new HTML directly from the Wally to the TV and left it on all day Friday and Saturday - No loss of signal or error message. Sunday I re-attached the new cable to my new switch box, once again after running the TV all day Sunday there was no error message,

Has anyone else had a signal problem with the existing though the wall HTML cable? I have parts ordered to repair the broken cable but I am apprehensive that the factory cable is defective and will remain so even after repaired. Suggestions?
RamRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
2015 28' International
2013 28' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
Hold on a minute! You can repair the end you just broke off and not have the headache of rerouting a new cable! It is not the easiest repair, but totally manageable. I have included a link to one of several companies that sell the repair ends.
https://www.showmecables.com/hdmi-ma...BoC0Q0QAvD_BwE

Happy Airstreaming!
vintagemotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Temple , Texas
Thats a great link for the repair, probably better than what I have on order. Another note, while I was mowing the Wally locked up again, error 019 smart card upside down - time for a new one.

Thank you vintage motor
Old 03-20-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Temple , Texas
Problem resolved, after reviewing several options on repairing my damaged HDMI cable I purchased a HDMI Plug to Terminal Block Breakout from Amazon, I used a Multimeter to identify each of the 19 wires (alligator clips are essential to identify the individual wires) and connected them to the correct terminal block. When this was completed I attached a female to female HDMI adapter to the Block Breakout (plus a 3 foot HDMI cable) and taped the complete work securely to prevent further damage. Problem resolved in about 3 hours.

Best advice I have is to purchase the female to female HDMI adapter and a longer HDMI cable and attach to the original cable - and never break the HDMI that is passed through your Airstream's walls.