Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #21
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMesa View Post
archiedh,
Nice set up. Wanting to do the same.
So next to my blueray (factory installed) I see two USB inputs but not HDMI. Should there be HDMI cables up there in back of the blueray? Also is that where you put the satellite receiver? I have a 2015 30'Int. It has the satellite port on the outside, but I'm not sure where the port wiring goes, nor where you mount the sat reciever? Under dinette or up with blueray player? Lastly, what brand splitter did you buy?
tnx
BlueMesa
I got the splitter/switcher from Ambery Corporation. support@ambery.com. 626.698.6739 - they are open M-F 10am - 4PM PST - its a - routing matrix switch splitter. 4 in, 2 out- 4x2 HDIM HDMIMX-420, $115.00 .. as i recall the 4 "ins" are for devises, like the blue ray (HDMI), the directv box (HDMI). that leaves me 2 more "ins" for like a gaming box, etc. the 2-out is for the two tv's in our AS. Those two HDMI cables are already in place and just need to be plugged into the out plugs in the box i purchased. you could perhap purchase a splitter/switcher with less HDMI inputs. perhaps just 2 HDMI inputs. i "think" the HDMI inputs are in even numbers, ie, 2 - 4 - 6, and so on. but i could be wrong. (dont tell my wife!)

i sent you an email with my contact info.

archie
archiedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 22' Sport
Plano , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiedh View Post
I got the splitter/switcher from Ambery Corporation. support@ambery.com. 626.698.6739 - they are open M-F 10am - 4PM PST - its a - routing matrix switch splitter. 4 in, 2 out- 4x2 HDIM HDMIMX-420, $115.00 .. as i recall the 4 "ins" are for devises, like the blue ray (HDMI), the directv box (HDMI). that leaves me 2 more "ins" for like a gaming box, etc. the 2-out is for the two tv's in our AS. Those two HDMI cables are already in place and just need to be plugged into the out plugs in the box i purchased. you could perhap purchase a splitter/switcher with less HDMI inputs. perhaps just 2 HDMI inputs. i "think" the HDMI inputs are in even numbers, ie, 2 - 4 - 6, and so on. but i could be wrong. (dont tell my wife!)

i sent you an email with my contact info.

archie
Hi! I believe you have answered most of my questions/concerns about how to retrofit a HD/DVR system in a 2012 FC. I have been using a standard definition box with Direct TV and would like to change to HD with Dish using a tailgater. Since Dish only uses one cable rather than two with Direct TV this would work easier without having to thread another cable into the AS. Did you use the short jumper to connect the two cable connectors: Sat In and Sat Out?
Thanks for your help! Rick
Deb Trimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' International
Springdale , Arkansas
Here is my experience. I have a 30' AS, Intl 2015.
You DO NOT have to mess around with by-passing the antenna switch. The satellite line from outside of AS goes directly from the outside port to the back of AS under the blue ray player. Thus you are going directly to the receiver from the satellite dish you plug in on the outside. The satellite receivers output is then routed to the TVs via the HDMI splitter. It's the cable line that DOES go thru the switch. The switch is choosing between cable or antenna and is sending which ever you choose to BOTH TVs.
I then bought a 4 in, 2 out HDMI splitter and set it up like Archie above. I bought a different model than him but buy a good one ($170) or you will have reset problems.
Then in summary you can power the antenna switch on for antenna to both TVs with TV source ant/cable. If you shut off antenna switch you get cable to both TVs with TV source set to ant/cable.
When you set TV source to HDMI, then you get your choice of satellite, blue ray, Apple TV or lap top (4 ins), sent to the two TVs independently.
Hope this helps.
BlueMesa is offline   Reply With Quote