from my previous post:
I may have a solution that will work for you. I have discussed on another thread, but I don't know how to find what threads I participated in so I can send it to you.
So i will tell you how.
DirecTV's new app as of Aug 2016 has a built in GenieGo. Good news! The problem is, no one wants to watch it solely on their phone or tablet. We want to watch it on something bigger.
I will give you two solutions: Android and iOS: Both of these solutions require that you have the content downloaded already. This can also work for anything anything else you want to mirror from your phone like NetFlix if you have WiFi.
1. Get this ScreenBeamMini2, it is very easy to setup.
2. That's it. Android is easy.
1. Get a router. This will act as a bridge between the devices. I got the MiniRouter. This router will NOT have internet, but allows your iOS devices to talk to one another Have your AppleTV and your iOS (Mac, iPhone, iPads, etc) connect to it just to get WiFi, NO internet.
2. Get an AppleTV
3. Get an HDMI cable from AppleTV to TV
4. This solution requires you have a little network knowledge in setting it up.
If you want to get and have multiple devices, AppleTV, DirecTV STB, Roku, etc, you can get an HDMI switcher. If you really want to get fancy and put two TV's in your AS, get an HDMI matrix and a wireless HDMI.
"No job is so simple that it cannot be done wrong."
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
"Either I will find a way, or I will make one."
"Sweat is your fat crying"