Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
San Gabriel , California
Direct-TV for Airstream

I just purchased a 2013 Airstream Flying Cloud. I will be running a Wineguard Carry out antenna. There is a coax-plug outside for the antenna...I can't figure out where the out put for that cable is. Where do I put the Direct-TV receiver and how do I get the signal to the TV's. If I use the interior coax out at the TV I can only use one TV and there is no place to put the receiver except the lounge seat. Also if I run on 12v and add to the system at the TV there is only one 12v plug and or one power output from the inverter plug.
What solutions are available? or am I setting this up wrong? I new your help...please.

Thanks John T.
clicker187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Do you see the switchplate with the looped coax cable, marked "SAT/CABLE"? That's where the box goes. The covered barrel connector outside the trailer is where the satellite feed comes in to the trailer.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
San Gabriel , California
I don't see a Switch plate...Guess I'll crawl around...This is dumb. It doesn't seem like it should be so hard.

I.E....The covered barrel connector outside the trailer is where the satellite feed comes in to the trailer....there are two and they are not marked...nor does the Manual state which is what...
Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
On our front bedroom, the cable is directly under the dinette. I know because our puppy ate through the cable on our last trip.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Here's what it looks like in ours. It's the two-coax connector plate. If I remember correctly you would connect a short jumper cable from the left hand side into the antenna receptacle on the DirecTV tuner. Then the output from the tuner to the TV would connect into the right hand side - so two short jumper cables. Sounds more complicated than it is... Actually, it took me about 5 hours to figure it out the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0507.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	174844  
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
San Gabriel , California
Finely added wiring setup for Direct TV on our AS FC 25 FB. The wiring is inside of the BlueRay player cabinet. Eight screws must be removed from the front panel and two on the right side of the box. This allows access to the Satellite coax and the splitter for the hdmi cable to the BlueRay player. A Monoprice HDMI Switcher/Splitter was added. That way I can switch between the BlueRay player and the DirectTV receiver. I added additional HDMI Cable and coax cable. Also added a power strip to run the Monoprice. Now I need to get the Direct TV antenna to work. I have tried Winegard Carryout antennas without any luck. I'm going back to the larger totally manual satellite. I hear many people have no luck with the Carryout units.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
San Gabriel , California
Done...everything works. The Winegard Ansner is working, my wiring works, Direct TV works. All is good. I did have to call Direct TV to reactivate the receiver. If you try to do this...plan to spend some time. Thanks for everyone's assistance. John T.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Monrovia , California
Direct TV for 25' Intl

We just bought a 25' International Signature Series RB, and will want to connect and use Direct TV in it. Did you end up using the Winegard carry-out antenna or something else? I'd like to get an antenna that's easy to use and not break the bank, so thought the Winegard carry out would be a good choice. From posts I've read it sounds like they're not guaranteed to work? Since I'm just getting started (haven't even taken delivery yet - get the trailer next week!) I'd like to get the Direct TV thing figured out so my wife can have it on our maiden voyage. Any recommendations will be appreciated. We're pretty excited about becoming Airstreamers!
ckerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #9
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker187 View Post
Finely added wiring setup for Direct TV on our AS FC 25 FB. The wiring is inside of the BlueRay player cabinet. Eight screws must be removed from the front panel and two on the right side of the box. This allows access to the Satellite coax and the splitter for the hdmi cable to the BlueRay player. A Monoprice HDMI Switcher/Splitter was added. That way I can switch between the BlueRay player and the DirectTV receiver. I added additional HDMI Cable and coax cable. Also added a power strip to run the Monoprice. Now I need to get the Direct TV antenna to work. I have tried Winegard Carryout antennas without any luck. I'm going back to the larger totally manual satellite. I hear many people have no luck with the Carryout units.
can you still run your over the air with the spliter. enough jacks in and out? HELP!
archiedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
This is JMHO, but we just canceled our Direct TV. Not worth $90. per month for a bunch of channels that are either selling something I don't need or speaking in a language I don't understand. I can live just fine without it. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
We have Direct TV in our home and adding the service to our AS cost an additional $5/month and we get all of the channels we get at home. Love my satellite tv. I switched from Dish to Direct and love it.
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote