Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2019, 08:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Wireless Mirroring to TV

We recently transitioned from hardwire (HDMI) to wireless connection and thought we'd share.

Prior to traveling in our AS we like to download our recorded DirecTv programming from our home DVR to our iPhones and iPad. We then use a Apple A/V adapter and HDMI cable to watch this content using the mirroring mode. This works pretty well but we got tired of having to get up to use the controls and started looking for a wireless option.

We now use an Apple TV in our AS to wirelessly mirror our Apple devices (no internet required) to the TV. We had talked to a representative at the Apple Store and from Best Buy. Neither seemed sure it would work without internet for authentication. The Best Buy rep suggested getting the Apple TV and if it didn't do what we wanted they would take it back with full refund. The Apple TV works very well. We just connect it to the TV with HDMI cable, power it up, and set Apple device to mirror mode.
rgarza348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
San Luis Obispo , California
Send a message via AIM to waltb Send a message via Skype™ to waltb
We do too, works great!
waltb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
For those who don’t know, there is an app called “Remote” on the Apple App Store which lets you use your phone as a remote for an Apple TV. It makes much quicker work of entering text into search or password input fields.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:33 AM   #4

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Sanibel , Florida
Hi, this was great information as we just got a 2019 Flying Cloud and the mirroring works well. I'm having trouble with Amazon. Do I need to download instead of trying to stream? Thanks!
mmelancon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #5
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
I got Apple TV for my GT and I can mirror my iPad/macbook, etc. But I cannot play any Netflix movies or shows that I have downloaded to my iPad. Is there some reason Netflix does not allow this?

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks!
Hans627 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #6
kpm
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Mound , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
I got Apple TV for my GT and I can mirror my iPad/macbook, etc. But I cannot play any Netflix movies or shows that I have downloaded to my iPad. Is there some reason Netflix does not allow this?

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks!
Netflix recently killed support for Apple TV mirroring - https://gizmodo.com/as-apple-moves-i...-fo-1833863148. The only way I've been able to still use Netflix is with a live Internet connection together with the Netflix app running directly on the Apple TV. This still works.
kpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:43 PM   #7

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm View Post
Netflix recently killed support for Apple TV mirroring - https://gizmodo.com/as-apple-moves-i...-fo-1833863148. The only way I've been able to still use Netflix is with a live Internet connection together with the Netflix app running directly on the Apple TV. This still works.

Another option is to use the genuine Apple Lightning-to-HDMI adapter, which allows you to display on the TV (or any other HDMI monitor) content that's on your iPad or iPhone.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote