Old 02-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #141
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
I guess it really does take a village - well done, Red! :-)

Back to the 2 year old question at hand - I use and love the Voyager wireless system. I'm talking with RVCams about connecting it to a Rand McNally RV GPS. It can be done, but it's a little kludgy and you lose the audio - that's a bit of a bummer...but I'm not a fan of the native GPS on my truck...we'll see....

Old 02-18-2015, 06:20 AM   #142
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I guess it really does take a village - well done, Red! :-)

Back to the 2 year old question at hand - I use and love the Voyager wireless system. I'm talking with RVCams about connecting it to a Rand McNally RV GPS. It can be done, but it's a little kludgy and you lose the audio - that's a bit of a bummer...but I'm not a fan of the native GPS on my truck...we'll see....
Just for the record...I got the joke. I no longer read hitch threads as they are like watching reruns of a really bad sitcom.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #143
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
New Orleans , Louisiana
Anyone have this crazy problem? Our truck came with a backup camera mounted at the top of the license plate..now for some reason the pic is upside down.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #144
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Still happy with always on Voyager. No issues with MiFi sitting on dash making WiFi for Rand McNally GPS beside Voyager display. Dill TOMS display is closeby as well.

I get momentary interruptions when passing the government monitoring single post beside the road checking vehicle data and drivers license info if a chip is installed.

The sun low in the sky behind the trailer creates a black dot on the screen and washes the colors but traffic still shows.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #145
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Canmore , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkat View Post
Anyone have this crazy problem? Our truck came with a backup camera mounted at the top of the license plate..now for some reason the pic is upside down.
Does your backup camera have a very small hex screw on it? If so, try turning it. The screw is for allowing users to turn the image 180 degrees in situations where it's impossible to mount the camera the 'normal' way.
TinTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:34 AM   #146
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
[QUOTE=acstokes;1582358]Not so with the camera system I sell. It doesn't operate on the Bluetooth frequency nor is the image offset in any way. The image is exactly as it appears in a regular rear view mirror.
QUOTE]

Thinking about your system or the Voyager. I just got an iPad Air. I'm planning to get a Proclip or similar iPad mount so I can use it for maps etc while towing. Have you tested your system on an iPad Air? Can I switch to your rearview camera and still listen to Bluetooth music, then switch back and forth between maps and camera?

That way I have only one monitor.
Thanks

Kelvin
Old 02-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #147
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Wireless back up camera.. Recommendation

I've had the Voyager wireless system for about two and a half years now. I wired it myself through the center running light by drilling a hole in the center of the red cover and sealing it with a rubber grommet to make a tight seal. It looks like it was made that way. My goal was to keep the skin drilling to a minimum. I did not need to extend the wires from the Airstream as I used the camera wiring fed through the rubber grommet to attach it to the same soldered spot on the light housing for the bulb contact as the trailer wiring.

As far as reliability goes, the system is fantastic. Clear picture with no interference. I wish I had done this before buying the other semi wired and wireless systems I tried first to save money and only wasted it. I have experienced one freeze up on a trip where the picture on my monitor was frozen. I recycled the monitor power and all was well again.

I highly recommend this unit to others.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 02-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #148
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
For those using the Voyager Wireless system is the below what you are using (someone was kind enough to post this on a thread)?

CAMTC Digital Wireless Add-On System:
- WVRX1 Digital Wireless Receiver Box
- VCMS10B Super CMOS camera with integrated wireless transmitter
- Stainless steel hardware
- Non-corrosive camera mounting bracket

And what size monitor do you recommend?

Thanks so much!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #149
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Homosassa , Florida
I guess I must be wirelessly challenged. I have a Peak cheapo wireless camera that screws to the rear license plate connected to a wireless transmitter mounted to the front window frame of my 30' Classic. Power from the fuse panel so I can keep the camera on all the time. Screen sits on the dash with a great picture. I think I'm a low tech guy in a high tech world.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #150
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Wireless back up camera.. Recommendation

That is the camera and receiver Meeks but I purchased a different monitor- one recommended by rv cam. My monitor is the ch 5.6 for $184 but they have a 7" too.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #151
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Still happy with always on Voyager. No issues with MiFi sitting on dash making WiFi for Rand McNally GPS beside Voyager display. Dill TOMS display is closeby as well.

I get momentary interruptions when passing the government monitoring single post beside the road checking vehicle data and drivers license info if a chip is installed.

The sun low in the sky behind the trailer creates a black dot on the screen and washes the colors but traffic still shows.

So you're using multiple units rather than connecting the Voyager cam in to the Rand McNally GPS? I'm hoping to do what SchuHouse and RodsterinFL have done to avoid that many screens. No interference issues with all those units running at the same time? I had to move my TPMS monitor a few feet away from the Voyager screen because it was jamming the TPMS :-)

It's weird to have to buy a non-screen receiver for the Voyager to then connect to the Rand GPS since the screen that comes with the voyager obviously is the receiver as well. I'm surprised there isn't an output from the Voyager screen/receiver to do this.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #152
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vancouver , British Columbia
Lego solution

I use a Garmin RV760 with the wireless camera suspended from the cabinet over the table in my FC25FB using a mount constructed from Lego.. It plugs into the 12v in the cabinet above the Blu-Ray. It broadcasts to the GPS on the TV dash. I use it as a rear view mirror and backup camera. Works great. Probably 38-40 feet camera transmitter to GPS screen. It faces out the window so it is not even outside. No issues. I just unsnap it when not in use and put it in the cabinet.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:43 PM   #153
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
http://www.airforums.com/forums/1558783-post.html

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 02-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #154
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2009 30' Classic
Melbourne, FL , Searsport, ME
Kelvin,
Quote:
Thinking about your system or the Voyager. I just got an iPad Air. I'm planning to get a Proclip or similar iPad mount so I can use it for maps etc while towing. Have you tested your system on an iPad Air? Can I switch to your rearview camera and still listen to Bluetooth music, then switch back and forth between maps and camera?
Regarding your question above, we have not yet tested an iPad Air. We're working on other operating systems besides iOS 8 used by the iPhone 5, 6, and 6 Plus, but have not successfully tested iPads nor Android phones yet. But we're working on it. There are so many smartphone and notepad models on the market it's a challenge to test them all. I believe many, if not most, newer phone and notepads have the fast processor speeds necessary for them to work with our camera system, but buying and testing them all delays our being able to market them.

Regarding using Bluetooth and switching to and from music and maps while the camera system is in use is a good question and one I will test tomorrow. The iPhone configuration we use allows phone calls to be placed and received while the camera is operating so Bluetooth should work as well as our camera system doesn't use the Bluetooth frequency. I'll check it out and let you know.

Thanks for your interest.

WBCCI #2810
acstokes is offline   Reply With Quote