Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Winegard's Customer Service (?)

I was given a Winegard Sensar Pro for Christmas in 2013.

It works as advertised and I have no qualms with its efficacy. It does the job.

However, I took my 2013 in to an authorized dealer for warranty work in December last, and they advised the Sensar Pro was my problem with outside cable reception and they would have to order a replacement. Jackson Center would not honor the Airstream warranty as it was not OEM –– understandable.

They (the dealer) advised me that the new replacement took care of the problem.

So I decided to return the defective unit to Winegard for replacement.

Now, the warranty leads one to believe they have a two year warranty on parts and a one year warranty on labor. NOT QUITE SO.

The Wingard representative told me the labor (which was a little over a year, but I had assumed the holidays would provide a bit of wiggle) would NOT be honored as I didn't take it to an authorized Winegard repair site. My bad.

Further I was advised I would have to furnish proof of purchase in order to get any warranty on parts! AND IT WAS A GIFT FROM MY WIFE!

The item was purchased from Amazon. I retrieved a proof of purchase line item statement from them, and was told that "maybe" that would suffice.

I realize Winegard has the lion's share of antenna/third party sway within the RV community and would caution others (if the buy Winegard product) to read their warranty in detail.

And even then, expect to have a chore in order to get them to perform their after-the-sell obligations!

https://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Was you Sensar Pro replaced by AS dealer or did they advise you to replace it with another unit and did you buy another one and that fixed the issue?

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Kelvin, Reliable RV replaced the old Sensar Pro with a new one. According to Reliable, their test equipment found the old device to be faulty. After the new replacement, their test equipment showed the cable connection to be okay.

Because it's winter, and we won't be out for a while, I won't be able (until we go to a facility that offers cable tv) be assured the problem was actually fixed.

The service manager asked that when I found out, that I call him with the results.

Why Winegard made it practically impossible to get a replacement is beyond me, but they won the battle, as I told the Customer Rep to forget it, if what I furnished was not adequate.

BUT, as far as I'm concerned, they lost the war.

2011 23 FC FB
Old 01-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Unfortunately, I bet the Reliable RV prices wasn't as good as the Amazon price $71.

The only time I've used cable was a Disneyworld Fort Wilderness and the picture quality wasn't that good, all standard def. I was better off deploying the antenna.

Kelvin
Old 01-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Unfortunately, I bet the Reliable RV prices wasn't as good as the Amazon price $71.

The only time I've used cable was a Disneyworld Fort Wilderness and the picture quality wasn't that good, all standard def. I was better off deploying the antenna.

Kelvin

Geez, Kelvin, Reliable has to make a modest () markup on their end.

After all Warren Buffet doesn't acquire dealers like this who charge reasonable prices, and Berkshire either owns or is in the process of acquiring this dealer as well as a host of others within this dealer group.

;-)

2011 23 FC FB
Old 01-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
So Berkshire is buying all the Reliable dealerships in Springfield. not sure that is a good or bad thing. Maybe they should buy Windgard to make the warranty more "reliable". MSRP of the Sensor Pro is $90 so not bad and hopefully the labor wasn't too bad.

Maybe checkout RVIncidents in Nixa after your warranty expires.

Kelvin