Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Winegard HA-0130 antenna... might buy

This is the antenna I am thinking of mounting where the old TV antenna was. it only has a 0 to 20 mile range. It looks like a good fit.

VHF/UHF/FM travel antenna picks up stations in all directions without rotator. Opens and closes like an umbrella, stores inside weatherproof tube. Includes weatherproof housing with rain cap, 75 ohm cable with connectors, mounting hardware.Omni-Directional, means antenna will receive signal in all directions. Non-amplified.

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/1450042.pdf

Brian
Old 03-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlorian View Post
This is the antenna I am thinking of mounting where the old TV antenna was. it only has a 0 to 20 mile range. It looks like a good fit.

VHF/UHF/FM travel antenna picks up stations in all directions without rotator. Opens and closes like an umbrella, stores inside weatherproof tube. Includes weatherproof housing with rain cap, 75 ohm cable with connectors, mounting hardware.Omni-Directional, means antenna will receive signal in all directions. Non-amplified.

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/1450042.pdf

Brian
Did you get that antenna? If so, how does it perform? We are looking at options now. Would like to put it where our crank antenna was located on our 1965. Thanks!
LoisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I did and honestly it only works a little bit better then just plain old rabbit ears. We just watch tv for the news and the weather. The closest TV station, which is a small town 35 min away and our best pick up. The next station is equally as far and it comes in every once in awhile. We do get these other specialty stations that show the old early 60's shows but that is it. I had it near Chicago and used it and Was able to pick up all the local stations. I also got those same stations with the rabbit ears.

I will probably buy a sattelite dish some day.

Brian
Old 03-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Thanks for your input. I still hope to find the vintage Braund folding antenna but in the meantime I did order this one. Will see how it works.
LoisM is offline   Reply With Quote