Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2011, 05:28 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
saline , Michigan
What's on TV tonight in your AS?

Camping in many areas where digital signals aren't strong enough to receive, we began bringing movies to watch at night. Somehow got into old mystery movies from the 30's and 40's. Movies with stars like Peter Lorie, Vincent Price, and others of that vintage. Just ordered the complete set of Sherlock Holmes starring Basil Rathbone. These were the best of the old SH movies IMO. Going to watch them on our next trip to Orlando in early Dec. We finished the Nancy Drew mystery series on the last trip. Better than live TV.
Kosm1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:40 AM   #2
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Well Annie lied to me and DD. The sun did not come out tomorrow but the rain did.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
The last movie we watched in the Airstream was Cassandra's Dream with Ewan McGregor and Colin Farrell. I'm no film critic but I didn't think it was worth the $6.99 we paid for it. Yes, it was that bad.

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Have the complete set of The Dean Martin Comedy Show. An d the Celebrity Roasts. Love it, always makes me laugh. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Las Cruces , New Mexico
old classics

if you are really into old classic tv here's this:

ClassicTVShowsandMovies - on Webstore.com

francis the talking mule is here! all of them. so is have gun will travel....

enjoy
alclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
I guess we could drive up to where the AS is stored, bring it home, run a long extension cord to the house, connect the tv, raise the antenna and then watch the Rangers win the World Series.

Or maybe the sticks and mortar abode will have to do for the moment.
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Next time I visit the trailer, I will leave a note for the racoons that live in the storage yard. I will tell them to keep track of what they watch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raccoon.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	143782  
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
Sherlock Fan

We recently purchased a 5 disc set collection of Sherlock Holmes at a cost of $14.97. It includes 8 full lenght movies from the 1930's and 40's and the complete 39 American TV episodes.

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1966 24' Tradewind
Sequatchie , Tennessee
Scooby Doo, with my 4 year old.
Harleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyduo View Post
Scooby Doo, with my 4 year old.
old or new Scooby Doo?

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:57 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
saline , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alclad
if you are really into old classic tv here's this:

ClassicTVShowsandMovies - on Webstore.com

francis the talking mule is here! all of them. so is have gun will travel....

enjoy
Awesome website. I didn't know it existed. We usually buy from Amazon but this is cheaper. I want to get the whole set of Hitchcock thrillers. This has become a camping tradition for us. We buy these and put them in the AS for the next trip. The old classics are more about story and dialog and less about graphics and the senses. It's a real break from commercial TV.
Kosm1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
What's on TV tonight in your AS?

My Airstream was my summer home from 1995 through 2008, and for the first six seasons I didn't have an external antenna so relied on either VHS or DVD movies and similar recordings. My traveling library consists of a number of favorites that always travel with me including:
  • The Long, Long Trailer . . . Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Marjorie Main . . . 1953 . . . I am afraid that my neighbors at International Rallys (before the days when 30-AMP service became available) usually knew if I was experiencing insomnia as this was the movie that I would play when insomnia struck.
  • Forever Darling . . . Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, James Mason . . . 1956 . . . Lucille Ball is one of my three all-time favorite actresses so this romantic comedy has to be in my traveling library.
  • Yours, Mine, and Ours . . . Lucille Ball, Henry Fonda, Van Johnson . . . 1968 . . . This is a sentimental classic for me as it is one of the first movies that my grandmother took me to see at the Paramont Movie Theater in Kankakee, IL . . . she never learned to drive so we would walk the nine blocks from her apartment to the movie theater.
  • Fancy Pants . . . Lucille Ball, Bob Hope, Lea Penman . . . 1950 . . . One of my favorite slap-stick commedies.
  • Sorrowful Jones . . . Lucille Ball, Bob Hope . . . 1949 . . . There is just something magical about a Lucille Ball/Bob Hope comedy. . . .
  • With Six You Get Egg Roll . . . Doris Day, Brian Keith, George Carlin . . . 1968 . . . I often think of this as a comedic answer to Yours, Mine, and Ours . . . . with smaller families involved in the melding . . . .
  • Where Were You When the Lights Went Out? . . . Doris Day, Robert Morse, Jim Backus . . . 1968 . . . Doris Day is among my top three favorite actresses so this is among my favorites of her comedies.
  • The Glass Bottom Boat . . . Doris Day, Rod Taylor, Arthur Godfrey . . . 1968 . . . A comedy on the lighter side featuring Doris Day.
  • Send Me No Flowers . . . Doris Day, Rock Hudson, Tony Randal . . . 1964 . . . The trio of stars featured in this movie combine for a comedic experience that I always enjoy. . .
  • Move Over Darling . . . Doris Day, James Garner, Polly Bergen, Thelma Ritter . . . A film that I can always count on for a series of great laughs. . . .
  • The Thrill of It All . . . Doris Day, James Garner, Arlene Francis . . . 1963 . . . I never tire of seeing James Garner driving his 1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible into the newly installed swimming pool. . .
  • That Touch of Mink . . . Doris Day, Cary Grant, Gig Young . . . 1962 . . . All of the strange problems that a few allergies can cause with romantic complications galore . . .
  • Lover Come Back . . . Doris Day, Rock Hudson, Tony Randal . . . 1961 . . . When this trio gets together for a comedy, it is a must not miss for me . . .
  • Please Don't Eat the Daisies. . . . Doris Day, David Niven, Janis Paige, Spring Byington . . . 1960 . . . A hillarious slap-stick experience awaits around nearly every corner . . . can't help but laugh when David Niven sits on a freshly painted window sill in his freshly pressed suit . . .
  • Pillow Talk . . . Doris Day, Rock Hudson, Tony Randall, Thelma Ritter . . . 1959 . . . Can't miss comedy team . . . so many memories of the "joys" of being on a party line telephone line . . . .
  • The Pajama Game . . . Doris Day, John Raitt . . . 1957 . . . A more low-key comedy than many of my favorite Doris Day vehicles, but one that I enjoy watching from time to time . . . .
  • The Matchmaker . . . Shirley Booth, Anthony Perkins, Shirley MacLaine . . . 1958 . . . When I want to watch a more "serious" comedy movie, I often pop this one into the player . . .
  • Come Back, Little Sheba . . . Shirley Booth, Burt Lancaster, Terry Moore . . . 1953 . . . Dramatic movies aren't my usual preference, but this is one that I watch often enough to keep in my traveling library.
I also like classic television shows so I often carry along either selected episodes or the entire series of the following:
  • I Love Lucy . . . Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, William Frawley, Vivian Vance . . . 1951-1957 . . . the entire series is multi-volume, so I usually select three or four volumes prior to each trip to include in my traveling library.
  • Hazel . . . Shirley Booth, Don DeFore, Whitney Blake, Bobby Buntrock . . . 1961-1966 . . . I usually carry the entire series as it was packaged in one medium sized DVD volume.
  • My Mother the Car . . . Jerry Van Dyke, Miss Ann Sothern, Maggie Pierce . . . 1965-1966 . . . I usually carry the entire series as it was packaged in two small DVD volumes.
  • Leave It To Beaver . . . Jerry Mathers, Tony Dow, Barbara Billingsley, Hugh Beaumont . . . 1957-1963 . . . One of my favorite series while growing up, and I usually select a few of my favorite episode to include in my traveling library for each trip.
  • The Beverly Hillbillies . . . Buddy Epsen, Irene Ryan, Max Bear, Donna Douglas . . . 1962-1971 . . . Another childhood favorite that still is entertaining and I generally includ several DVDs from this set in my traveling library. . .
From my library, I am sure that it is obvious that my primary genre of interest is comedy . . .

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is online now   Reply With Quote