Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Land of fruits and nuts , California
Wall mount for PS3

Hello everyone. I've been wanting to install my PS3 (PlayStation 3) in my coach ever since I bought. Besides playing awesome video games, it also has a Blue Ray player and upconverts regular DVDs, for nice HD video.

My issue was where to put it, as it is rather large. I thought about mounting it where the unused CD changer is, but that would require running lots of wires to the tv, which would be a huge pain. Then it struck me, what if I could mount it standing up, on the wall above the tv. Genius! I'm pretty handy and thought about making a custom mount, but I don't have a lot of time lately to do this sort of thing, so I did a comprehensive google search. Only one company makes such a mount, and they are out of Germany-- PS3 Wall Mount They aren't too expensive (~$60) but shipping and taxes cost nearly as much so all together, to my door was right at $115. The PS3 wont ride up there when towing but I've got the wiring bits well sorted so you just have to pull the plugs and pop the PS3 out to put it in a safe place.

Have a look--

Airstream01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
I've been looking for a tv mount to put against the fridge wall, where did your mount come from? Looks pretty sturdy?

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
wall mount

I found this one on ebay....not sure if it is something you were looking for:
HIDEit 3 Mount - Classic, Fat PlayStation 3 Wall Mount - eBay (item 320447066574 end time Feb-07-10 21:32:26 PST)
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Smithville , New Jersey
Any thoughts about mounting under the lounge, below the television? Could I leave it there during travel? Also, Am I the only one who got a wall mount that blocked access to the hdmi input? If that was factory, someone should tell 'em.
monkeypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelegood View Post
I've been looking for a tv mount to put against the fridge wall, where did your mount come from? Looks pretty sturdy?
The TV mount is factory installed. It is very sturdy. I unknowingly didn't have her fully latched one time while towing and when I stopped to fuel up/check on things the TV was swung all the way out by the stove, but everything was fine other than that I dont know what brand it is. I'll try to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypants View Post
Any thoughts about mounting under the lounge, below the television? Could I leave it there during travel? Also, Am I the only one who got a wall mount that blocked access to the hdmi input? If that was factory, someone should tell 'em.
My TV mount doesn't block any inputs to my knowledge. I do not leave the PS3 up there during towing operations. It is only a friction fit and would likely rattle out. I'm sure you could mount it under the table or lounge, but running the wires could get messy.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelegood View Post
Ok, I found it. It is a Moview mount, but I don't think they make this particular one anymore, but they do have this one which is probably an updated version, and is marketed as an RV/mobile mount.

I've been wanting to put another 23" in the bedroom so I'll probably buy this mount in the very near future. I'll post up if I do.

Interestingly, my Moview mount has a sticker with the initials on it of the person who inspected it. I think Airstream should follow suit, might improve their QC if folks were held accountable.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Airstream01:

Thanks for the info. I let ya know the outcome once I get this project completed, however, have to wait till the temp in the AS gets above 29. Too chilly to be out there working!

Steelegood

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Thumbs up I like it!

Think we have the same Samsung TV in the Safari. I would like to put the same in the Moho. What do the behind the wall connections looks like?

-Ken