Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Video Presentation Project

Folks,

Almost embarrased to present a work project to you, but I've found out that the Airforum team has a broad array of experiences.

I need to present videos at an upcoming meeting in rotation, Video A, B, A, C, A, D, A, E etc. the A video is the "take away" message. I have the videos, but don't know how to present in the continous presentation mode that I need.

Tools: laptop and large flat screen TV. Files are MP4 or WMV. I really want to try to do it w/o DVD player.

I have searched on the net a little bit, but didn't find what seems like a solution.

Bit of an apology for a work related topic interferring with our recreational based friendships.

Thanks,

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Powerpoint allows for the embedding of a video file in a slide. It works best if the video file is on the same hard drive as the PP presentation. You can make it an auto start video, or make it start on a "click".

I think I understand your question......
Later versions of PP work a lot better than older ones...also hopefully you have a newer laptop with plenty of processor capability and memory. It can be a glitchy process, but I've done it many times.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Rich,

Thanks. I've tried several approaches, not getting an automatic advance to next video. I've done a PPT with slides and auto advance timing, no problem, but this is videos. It's for a trade show meeting kinda thing and just needs to keep running as folks meander by.

Feeling digitally defiecent.

Gary
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 01-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
Rich,

Thanks. I've tried several approaches, not getting an automatic advance to next video. I've done a PPT with slides and auto advance timing, no problem, but this is videos. It's for a trade show meeting kinda thing and just needs to keep running as folks meander by.

Feeling digitally defiecent.

Gary
So what you want is a video player program for your computer, where you can enter an entire queue of videos, and have the whole queue on "repeat" so that it continues to run without further human intervention until you shut it off.

VLC Player allows you to load up a queue, and so does iTunes. Between the two, VLC Player will handle a greater variety of formats. But if the videos are in an iTunes-compatible format, that might be the better program to use.

However, I don't know if either program will allow you set set a video queue on "repeat." You'll have to experiement, but you can do that with just a two-video queue at first until you see how they work, then queue up the whole list after you've worked out the bugs.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 22
Pasadena , California
Send a message via AIM to crabbey1 Send a message via Skype™ to crabbey1
How long does this rotation of videos need to play out? How long is each video approx.?
Old 01-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Sorry, I thought your were giving a presentation with videos interspersed throughout.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Protaginist,

I'll look up the VLC Player. I have to play within the corporate IT rules etc. But gotta figure something out. I found some players but they seemed to be for a website, not sure.

Crabbey1,

Videos range from 7 min to 30, all training based. I did the work, shot them, edited them etc. but this task is a new requirment.

Rich,

Sorry if not explained in original post. I think I need a player format so I can jump to a requested spot to answer the question. The audience is on the move so I can take a specific question or two.

Thanks to all.

Gary
Old 01-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
Protaginist,

I'll look up the VLC Player. I have to play within the corporate IT rules etc. But gotta figure something out. I found some players but they seemed to be for a website, not sure.
Unless you're one of the IT guys yourself, if you have to play by their rules, why not solicit their help? That's what they get paid the big bucks for. If this presentation is job-related, your IT department is obligated to find you a video player program for your computer that will do the job.

It may come down to your IT folks editing all of your videos into one long video by splicing them end-to-end if they can't find an IT-approved player that will queue multiple videos. That can be done, too, in most video formats.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 22
Pasadena , California
Send a message via AIM to crabbey1 Send a message via Skype™ to crabbey1
What do you edit with? If it were me, I would load up a sequence in fCP7 or Adobe Premiere with the videos in correct order that fill the length of time needing to present... And then hit go.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:38 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Bangor , Maine
The easiest solution to this is to use a tool dedicated for this task. You any this to work with little fussing.

I would look for one of the better "slideshow" programs, these work with both stills and videos and you can configure them to do exactly what you need. From your posts it seems you are a PC user, and on the PC one of the best and most popular programs is "Pro Show Gold".

Best of luck.

-J
jpons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:24 AM   #11
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Our IT Team has a major project on their plate right now.

I'm using a soon to be scrapped I hope Pinnacle for video editing, works but clumsy.

All of the video work I've done is way outside of my training and focus, its all been school of hard knocks.

I'm back on it in a few minutes, I'll be looking into these suggestions.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 01-24-2014, 07:32 AM   #12
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Folks,

Got a bit of help from a guy here with a creative background. Windows Media Player, Play List. We've got them organized and I'm in a test mode right now. Looks promising.