Old 07-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Of all the info that was provided in my 2012, the least satisfactory was how to use the features of the "entertainment" system. Basically, there was a one page printed document that almost covered the bare essentials. Oh, and whoever installed two Samsung TV sets without setting up differentiated remote controls.... was really fun to turn on the TV in the BR and have the TV by the dinette turn on also...and change channels, and increase volume, etc. But, maybe this was just me.

ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Tuttle , Oklahoma
It's not just you. Same thing happens with tvs in bedroom and main room in our FC.
It was quite the surprise when we first tried to watch tv.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB
Of all the info that was provided in my 2012, the least satisfactory was how to use the features of the "entertainment" system. Basically, there was a one page printed document that almost covered the bare essentials. Oh, and whoever installed two Samsung TV sets without setting up differentiated remote controls.... was really fun to turn on the TV in the BR and have the TV by the dinette turn on also...and change channels, and increase volume, etc. But, maybe this was just me.
:-)

It's definitely not just you!

I'm still figuring it out and since I don't use it every day (that's the WORST part of this :-) ) I have to keep learning it every time. That briefcase full of docs does nothing for the stereo...

Maybe 27' in an aluminum tube is too small a space to expect infrared signals to go only where planned but it is a low-grade annoyance to me when the bedroom TV reacts to my remote in "the great room". :-)

I know - first world problem.....I'm still happy as a pig in poop!! :-)
Old 07-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #18
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
Oh, and whoever installed two Samsung TV sets without setting up differentiated remote controls.... was really fun to turn on the TV in the BR and have the TV by the dinette turn on also...and change channels, and increase volume, etc. But, maybe this was just me.
Every single Airstream with only one tv, and a spot for a second, I tell the people to get another brand that is not compatible with the remote for the tv and blu ray player.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Unless you have modified your trailer, you are trying to do something that does not exist. Current production Airstream trailers do not have surround sound from the factory, so you can't connect a DVR to something that isn't there.
Maybe not 5.1 surround, but at least 2.1 surround. 4 channel stereo with a subwoofer under the couch, coaxial speakers in the front, coaxial speakers in the rear. While not 5.1 surround sound it still sounds great. It sounds much better than listening through the TV speakers. There is the Blu-ray player with HDMI out to 2 TV's with a splitter box in the locker above the couch. Seems you could hook up your DVR receiver there.

1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote