Old 07-21-2016, 05:31 PM   #435
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
In the truck, we just screwed the suction cup to the top of the dash and remove the adjusting screw to remove the unit. Did the same to the base in the Mercedes. They don't fall down any more.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:11 PM   #436
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
In the truck, we just screwed the suction cup to the top of the dash and remove the adjusting screw to remove the unit. Did the same to the base in the Mercedes. They don't fall down any more.

I hated the suction cup holder on the Voyager screen. I replaced it with a suction cup (100x better for to windshield) with a magnet setup that has worked perfectly for me. I think it was this model:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-MA...&wl13=&veh=sem

Old 07-24-2016, 03:22 AM   #437

1982 31' Excella
APO , AP
I recently purchased Garmin RV 760LMT w/Wireless Backup Camera. My next road trip kicks off in a few weeks. Lookiing fwd to posting some postive results.
2000 F250 7.3L PSD
Home-N-Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:17 PM   #438
4 Rivet Member

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I just installed the Pearl RearVision system and am quite impressed. This dual HD camera wireless system in a license plate frame is super wide angle, pans vertically and horizontally, has proximity alarm, and uses the iPhone as a monitor. Power and CPU are in a small module that plugs into the vehicle OBD port. Cameras are solar powered - not a single wire to connect. Installation and setup took less than 30 min. Very crisp image with instant smooth motion. Camera to CPU to iPhone communication is via WiFi and Bluetooth, and is working fine from the rear of our FC23FB to the dash of our Grand Cherokee. I've tested it while hitched up in our driveway, and will take it out for a longer road test in a few days.

Details at PearlAuto.com. Purchased via Amazon with Prime delivery. It is not inexpensive at $500, but I've tried and returned several less expensive camera systems. It is not assured to work on a travel trailer, but with a 30 day return, I gave it try and am pleased. The quality and technology of this start-up product by ex-Apple engineers is impressive.

Safe Travels,
JamuJoe
JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:41 PM   #439
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Sounds very cool. Don't want to seem negative, but what about using the cameras after dark? We don't like to drive at night, but sometimes have to.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:51 PM   #440
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamuJoe View Post
I just installed the Pearl RearVision system and am quite impressed. This dual HD camera wireless system in a license plate frame is super wide angle, pans vertically and horizontally, has proximity alarm, and uses the iPhone as a monitor. Power and CPU are in a small module that plugs into the vehicle OBD port. Cameras are solar powered - not a single wire to connect. Installation and setup took less than 30 min. Very crisp image with instant smooth motion. Camera to CPU to iPhone communication is via WiFi and Bluetooth, and is working fine from the rear of our FC23FB to the dash of our Grand Cherokee. I've tested it while hitched up in our driveway, and will take it out for a longer road test in a few days.

Details at PearlAuto.com. Purchased via Amazon with Prime delivery. It is not inexpensive at $500, but I've tried and returned several less expensive camera systems. It is not assured to work on a travel trailer, but with a 30 day return, I gave it try and am pleased. The quality and technology of this start-up product by ex-Apple engineers is impressive.

Safe Travels,
JamuJoe
When I called this company their customer service told me that this system was designed (only) to be used as a back-up camera. They indicated that it would not function above a speed of something like 5 MPH. The person I spoke to said they did not want the system to be a distraction and that is why they put the speed control in the software.
Have you had a chance to try the system while driving? Can you confirm if it will work at higher speeds?
Thanks in advance

Doug
Old 11-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #441
4 Rivet Member

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Good catch, Doug. My road test of Pearl RearVision failed due to the 10mph disable. A company tech offered to remotely eliminate that disable for me, but there is still an issue of the app launcher launching, which would require reselecting the RearVision on the iPhone. This is probably confusing for anyone who hasn't installed the product. I'm holding on the return to see if they might come up with another fix.

Safe Travels,
Joe
Old 11-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #442
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Thanks for the additional info Joe. I had high hopes for this product, but in the end I guess it just won't do what we need it to do.
Thanks again

Doug
Old 11-11-2016, 12:25 PM   #443
4 Rivet Member

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I did return the Pearl RearVision, but will keep an eye on it for future developments. Their tech team was very responsive to my issues. Following is an informative response:

"Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the clarification. I completely understand your decision. However, I would like to clarify a couple things really quickly.

If you're utilizing your iPhone with your home network, all you would need to do is default to using Bluetooth with your RearVision. This would prevent the need of manual intervention to utilize RearVision.

Also, if your video feed times out when your speeds have not exceeded 10 mph, this is due to the integrated Pearl App Launcher. All you would need to do to relaunch the video stream is tap the RearVision Camera Frame icon at the top of the App Launcher. This restarts the timer and reactivates the video feed.

Thanks again for giving RearVision a try. I would recommend checking back at our website occasionally to see if we have released a product that may meet your RV needs. You never know what the future may hold! Have a good weekend."
Old 11-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #444
2 Rivet Member

Bend , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamuJoe View Post
Good catch, Doug. My road test of Pearl RearVision failed due to the 10mph disable. A company tech offered to remotely eliminate that disable for me, but there is still an issue of the app launcher launching, which would require reselecting the RearVision on the iPhone. This is probably confusing for anyone who hasn't installed the product. I'm holding on the return to see if they might come up with another fix.

Safe Travels,
Joe

So if I'm hearing you correctly Pearl can disable the 10mph limit while in forward motion but you still need to manually launch the Pearl app on your phone?
Old 11-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #445
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home-N-Tow View Post
I recently purchased Garmin RV 760LMT w/Wireless Backup Camera. My next road trip kicks off in a few weeks. Lookiing fwd to posting some postive results.
How has this worked out for you?
I'm not sure I'd get the RV version, but the 'standard' one seems to have all I really want (maybe I'm wrong)

Mark
Old 11-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #446
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Mark,

I have the Garmin and BC30 camera.

Yes it works but I have reservations about overall image quality. It lacks some detail and seems to exhibit a refresh image or almost shuttering. Not sure of video terms for this.

I did have the RV version and it had a std screen. Returned for better screen GPS, it helped a bit.

Garmin if you're listening, this is a good idea in search of a better camera.

I did get the wireless setup to work.

Gary
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:45 AM   #447
3 Rivet Member

Northville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
Garmin if you're listening, this is a good idea in search of a better camera.
I'd like getting a Garmin RV GPS with camera also. My recommendation - make the camera so it can fit into the housing of a Furrion system that is being installed on some brands.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #448
4 Rivet Member

2015 23' Flying Cloud
Livermore , California
The Pearl system looks interesting. Might have to consider that option if the reviews are good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaeha View Post
So if I'm hearing you correctly Pearl can disable the 10mph limit while in forward motion but you still need to manually launch the Pearl app on your phone?