Old 09-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
The new setup looks great. I went through this in Jan. but with a different situation. I learned something in the process- that panel thickness should be measured first and that not all TVs, even of the same size and brand, have the same VESA setup- FYI. I ended up ordering mounting extensions to match the tv and had to get larger Metric screws at the hardware. What a hobby we have!

Old 09-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #16
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
rodsterinfl,

Thanks, it got a little bit stinkier before it was over. They ran the antenna and power cable thru the wall kinda hiding the cables. Well, not sure why yet but neither cable would pull out of the holes. Cut cables, done. But where is the "brick" for the old TV? Not seen, anywhere. In order to use old TV as a shop TV etc, need power brick. AS hid it behind the microwave, had to pull it to find it and it is the size of a building brick too.

S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #17
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Interesting, I have the same mount, and want to replace it and upgrade to a 27 inch.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Quote:
Interesting, I have the same mount, and want to replace it and upgrade to a 27 inch.
That is what got me into trouble- upsizing. My AS was "stripped" of electronics when I bought it- with the exception of the radio/speakers. Luckily for me, in one of the sales pics, a tv was pictured sitting on the bed with other loose items- pillows, etc. So I inquired. It was brought to me at delivery but nothing on a swing arm, etc. I added the tv arm when replacing the fridge and put a wall reinforcement in on the fridge side. Then, later went from a 24" LED to a 32" LED. The first LED I purchased, a Samsung 5300 fit the bracket perfectly BUT the thing was 4.5" thick! it was a different LED technology- Great picture but too big. Took it back for a Visio model but it did not work on the bracket. Took it back thinking it was just the brand and got a Samsung 5500. The bracket did not fit and I did what I shared to make it work. The TV is slightly overkill- Smart, hard-drive/flash drive capable but it has a great picture and perfect for the 6 ft viewing distance HD -wise. Alas, I had to add an inexpensive subwoofer speaker bar as the included one from the factory system only had wires remaining. BTW when I contacted AS about the electronics, the gentleman told me that it was much easier to plan for two separate audio systems and go with an inverter than try to combine 12V radio/TV so that is what I have been doing. I have upgraded everything but the end cap speakers.