Old 01-02-2005, 01:49 PM   #15
1969 18' Caravel
Starkville , Mississippi
mounting antenna on 69 Caravel

We have no visible mount for a TV antenna on our 69 Caravel. How can we rig up an external antenna? I've read and read, so far nothing I've seen gives me directions. If there is a thread I've missed please send info. Thanks. Jac

Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:12 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
TV antenna questions

Greetings Jac!

Welcome to the Forums!

Originally Posted by Jacque
We have no visible mount for a TV antenna on our 69 Caravel. How can we rig up an external antenna? I've read and read, so far nothing I've seen gives me directions. If there is a thread I've missed please send info. Thanks. Jac
The television antenna and signal booster were options that weren't found on all coaches. On a coach not equipped with the option, there won't be any particular markings to indicate precisely where the antenna should be located. You coach would be from the time period when the switch was being made from a Skyliner antenna that mounted beside the front window utilizing a tube - - to the Skyliner that mounted on the roof and was controlled via a crank from inside the coach. I suspect that most of the 1969 coaches had the roof mounted Skyliner antennas. With the roof mounted antennas, the geography of the roof on your coach plays a big role in locating the antenna (especially on the smaller single axle coaches). In cases where the antenna is retrofitted, the wires for the antenna can either be "snaked" between the inner and outer skins - - or if the television is to be located near either the refrigerator or one of the through-roof plumbing vents the wires can be fished through one of these openings from the roof. My dealer installed the booster equipped Batwing antenna on my Minuet (it didn't have the factory antenna), and the wiring was "snaked" between the inner and outer skins to a point in the roof-locker above the refrigerator.

Good luck with your antenna installation research!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #17
'67 Globe Trotter "Järv"
1967 20' Globetrotter
Glacier NP , Montana
TV antena wire 67 Globetrotter

I am working on my daughter's 1967 Globetrotter. The external tv antenna is complete but the wiring to trailer is shot. The wiring to the trailer is twin lead flat cable.
The only connection I see inside the trailer is a coax outlet located on the street side just behind the curve and foward of the window.
Can anyone tell more about the wiring? Thanks

Slik is offline   Reply With Quote