Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2015, 05:50 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Sedona , Arizona
Thank you. I have seen that silver catch and now I know what it is for! Problem solved.
sandrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:43 AM   #42
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Longview , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDreamer View Post
No, if it is like the 2015 Serenity 27FB you definitely do not go through the refrigerator compartment.

It is a little tricky but there is a release catch behind but near the top of the TV. You need to use a screwdriver to slide the the steel catch over and then you can lift the tv off of the mount.

Hi Sanrade.
I asked this very question when I was at the dealer last week.

If you look over the top of the TV, center back, there is a silver Bolt. You use a small wrench to loosen the bolt then you can turn the "lever" and lift the TV out.

I will say that if you install an articulating arm the TV will protrude another 1-2" into your head room while sitting at the dinette.

The New Classic addresses this issue by having the TV recessed into the wall. Great idea!

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Aggie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:33 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flht2k View Post
This is what I found,looks like it was never installed
How did this resolve? It almost looks like there was a "cover" installed at some point with the shoddy electrical tape and screw holes ... or were they just pilot holes?
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
We replaced the WineGard crankup batwing antenna with the WineGard Rayzar automatic unit on our 2014 Classic as well the 2015 23D. We took the 23D on an initial shakedown last week and we had over 50 channels in the RV park on the east side of Phoenix.

That antenna swap allowed a 100 watt solar panel to reside where the original antenna self stored.

The Clarion audio control is a real piece of work. Probably the cheapest unit Airstream could find that could power both front and rear speakers and a subwoofer (that lacks a power switch so is a hidden parasite power hog when on inverter). I have a bluetooth iPod to get music into the system.

We did get sound from both the television and the four speakers. But the 23D is not a concert hall, so the sound is just that. With my hearing attenuation (and the wife has this as well) mid range is where we get the noise.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:09 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Clarion M502 in 2015 models

OMG, yes, most of the time these audio systems are the "low bidder" variety and this is one of those. But, there is hope. I have discovered how to operate it using remote and headhunt controls and it could be worse.

Also, installing a power switch on the sub, mine is rarely on now, essential. But, for sound quality in an AS, this requires more work in speaker placement, modifying the speaker mountings, changing to something other then the Clarion $5.00 each speakers, and rebuilding the subwoofer.

The unfortunate part is that to route the correct wiring in an AS is quite a chore as to my knowledge there is really no way to do this between the two skins of the body.

If Jackson Center would offer some type of pre wiring for a high end audio system, I would have dropped at least up to $200.00 just to get good sound.

Now, I think I posted on another thread the planned modifications to get a real sound stage and this include placement of actual retiring speakers from the overhead cabinet in the front of my unit, then sliding a recliner out into the aisle facing reward when i want to relax and listen seriously. I am leaning toward some Polk Audio bookshelf speakers at present, but have an open mind.

In reality, the Clarion head unit, like the insane controls or not, will produce quite adequate sound with good speakers. A new head unit will only improve sound if a lot of money is spent on the speakers.
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote