Old 03-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Swift Hitch Camera and Monitor Problem

About six weeks ago I bought a Swift Hitch camera system from Hensley to help with the solo hook-up process. When I received the camera, I tested it at home to make sure it worked; the picture was fine. A couple of weeks ago we went out for our first trip of the year. I hooked up the Swift Hitch camera and again it worked fine......until I started the tow vehicle. When the engine started, the picture on the screen was totally destroyed by some kind of interference. I spoke to Hensley,and they referred me to the manufacturer, Two Loons. I e-mailed Two Loons and they indicated that they thought the problem was probably some after-market attachment I installed on the tow vehicle. Other than the trailer brake controller, there aren't any aftermarket attachments. The vehicle is new (5400 miles). The Blue tooth system is built in and was turned off during the test of the camera system. Has anyone else bought one of these camera systems and had a problem with it? jc

Lifeline AGM's
rustyrivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
jm2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
ours is a year old, and have had no problem to speak of in a 2008 F150, though the picture is marginally clearer when the engine is off, and when the monitor is up on the dashboard rather than lower on the seat...

try the camera in another vehicle to see if it's your vehicle affecting it or not?

best,

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2

http://defendwally.org/
jm2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
On on my turd one, two replaced by two loons, spends more time in the glove box than anywhere else.

Found a VR3 system on ebay for $89 wired into the running lamps so it can be used while towing, permanent mount, works fine.

The same view with both camera's....you decide.

POI..after awhile you'll get used to the haha and be using the camera less & less, I do use the VR3 to check on things while towing though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAMERA TEST 028.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	98374   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAMERA TEST 031.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	98375  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
[..

try the camera in another vehicle to see if it's your vehicle affecting it or not?

best,[/QUOTE]
Good idea, will try that.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #5

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Roselle , New Jersey
Swift Hitch New 2015 Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyrivet View Post
About six weeks ago I bought a Swift Hitch camera system from Hensley to help with the solo hook-up process. When I received the camera, I tested it at home to make sure it worked; the picture was fine. A couple of weeks ago we went out for our first trip of the year. I hooked up the Swift Hitch camera and again it worked fine......until I started the tow vehicle. When the engine started, the picture on the screen was totally destroyed by some kind of interference. I spoke to Hensley,and they referred me to the manufacturer, Two Loons. I e-mailed Two Loons and they indicated that they thought the problem was probably some after-market attachment I installed on the tow vehicle. Other than the trailer brake controller, there aren't any aftermarket attachments. The vehicle is new (5400 miles). The Blue tooth system is built in and was turned off during the test of the camera system. Has anyone else bought one of these camera systems and had a problem with it? jc
It was not the one bad camera the analog cannot have any obstructions, and are affected by some transmissions. The digital has no interference.

I have the NEW swift hitch 2015 digital camera & monitor in stock for 319.00 free shipping. This unit goes through walls, vans, good signal always. This is available
Website link is Swift Hitch Trailer Camera - Cargo Trailer NJ
Old 10-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
I have an older Swift Hitch and have never had any issues.
LilNomad