Old 10-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Subwoofer Connections to Sony Radio

I was checking out the user manual of my Sony DVD/AM/FM radio in my 2008 Classic 25fb yesterday. I went to the system menu and checked out the speaker selection. I found that the subwoofer was turned off. Front and Rear speakers enabled. I ran the speaker balance test that puts out the white noise through each speaker and found the right and left rear came out the subwoofer. So I pulled out the radio and confirmed the subwoofer out cable on the radio was not being used and the left right leads of the rear speaker were connected to the the subwoofer.

The Collins sub under my dinette has left and right inputs

Just for grins I connected one of the leads from the subwoofer to the single Sub output, turned off the rear speakers and activate subwoofer on the setup and then ran the speaker test. Didn't really change anything, the white noise wasn't very loud even when playing with the gain and frequency knobs.

I'm wondering if I should get a splitter that takes the single output and puts the signal onto two outputs. I'm guess itprobably won't make a difference.

Kelvin

Old 10-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
Have the Sony model number ready and try Crutchfield 1.800.555.7088. They are experts and have some of the most knowledgeable and helpful staff. great customer service, even if you didn't buy it from them. Hope they can help.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
If it is the same model as my 07, there's more to it than that. PO did not order the entertainment package, so I bought a sub and amp. It doesn't just plug into the radio, for it to be right. There is an input box which was available from sony which allows for a variety of input/outputs.

It was hard to find in 2010 as the Radio was an obsolete model by then. I'd have to dig out the paperwork to get you a model#.

How about a pic of your Sony?

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I found the radio wiring diagram from another thread and it does show the left and right RCA cables plugged into the Sony rear speaker connections going to the subwoofer. The single Sub Out is not used.

I'll get a single to double RCA adapter and leave the sub connected to the sub output on the radio.

Kelvin
Old 11-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #5

2004 16' International CCD
Tucson , Arizona
Kelvin, Thanks for the menu tip on the Sony for Subwoofers. I hooked up a Bazooka and, of course, I could not get to work. I will try the menu trick today and may write you back for more questions.

I did notice stuffed into the cavity behind the radio box a 2 wire RCA set, another 2 wire RCA set and a three wire (red, white and yellow) set which appears to be for a TV. Not sure why none of these are used but guessing they are surround sound and video for the TV but can't see where they come out or are hidden near the TV??????
I have a 2005 International 19'.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
"Generally speaking", through my efforts to find the TV output end of the RCA cables, I was told by JC that they are taped up either behind the wall that the front TV is on...OR....taped and bundled where the harness comes out of the roof and drops down to the TV, behind the wall. I NEVER found mine, and wound up running new cables to the TV.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote