Contemplating the AV wiring for our '69 Sovereign
. All of the skins are off and now would be a really good time to think of everything!
I've been reading through the threads, but clearly lack the technical skill to sort through the options on the forums or in my head. Rather than mimic the set up in our '07 Safari 27FB (bird's nest of wires and humm issues), thought we would attempt a better design from scratch.
The wish list is:
1) a CD/DVD player for a 110V Samsung mounted mid cabin that can swivel for bedroom viewing or living viewing.
2) Surround sound in two speakers over the twin beds and two in the living room over the couch. We'd like to rely on an IPOD or IPHONE connection to play music throughout.
3) Satellite / Cable connections -- We currently have a traditional bat wing with a single connector built into the wall.
4) Wireless speaker for outside (similar to 27FB)
5) Satellite Radio for local weather info, etc.
Okay, so maybe we should scale back?
For now, we're thinking about running everything on 110V -- we don't Boondock much, but if we do, we plan on using our ipads, laptops and ipods with mini speakers when not connected to shore power.
What components would you consider? Anything unique for Airstreams, dust, vibration, etc.? We're handy, but not AV experts. Any suggestions you might offer would be greatly appreciated