Old 08-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
Hi Brian,
In our Classic 31, both sides of the radio box (one side in the left cabinet and one in the right) have wood colored plastic hole plugs. Behind those are brass screws.
Hope this helps,
Ken
Thanks Ken,

Maybe I just didn't look closely enough but if the hole plugs are the type that stick up above the surface like a button, there were not any of those. If they are flush, I may not have noticed them as I just took a casual look wondering how I might get the unit out - or even work on the wiring if I ever had to.

Stands to reason there must be some way to get in there! I'll take a cloer look next time we bring the trailer home.

Actually, I just took a bike ride out to check on the trailer this am as we had a pretty major storm that came across the Toronto area last evening - quite a few homes demolished.

Our trailer is about 15 miles north of our home so I wanted to check it for peace of mind.

Looked fine and I was happy to see no indication of any water leaks - we had torrential rain, worst I have seen here for years.

Cheers ....... Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #16
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
Brian, Any luck on how to get to the radio? I'm also wanting to get to the back of the radio to wire in a plug for a wireless speaker transmitter. I checked the area out and can not find any hidden screws. There is a small hole on the underside towards the back and there is a small opening in the very back of it, but not enough to be any good.

Bob

Old 09-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS View Post
Brian, Any luck on how to get to the radio? I'm also wanting to get to the back of the radio to wire in a plug for a wireless speaker transmitter. I checked the area out and can not find any hidden screws. There is a small hole on the underside towards the back and there is a small opening in the very back of it, but not enough to be any good.

Bob
Hi Bob,

Since hearing about the hidden screws, I haven't had chance to look for them yet because our trailer is not kept at our house.

I don,'t really have a pressing need to get in there at the moment, as the Sony cd player/radio that is installed works fine.

I was only thinking ahead to the day when it stops working! I'd like to replace t with a unit that has an input for an ipod, I haven't had realluy good success with those ipod fm transmitters.

Sounds a bit discouraging that you haven't found a way to get to it yet - I must admit I didn't see any screw plugs or caps, but there has to be a way!

Could that end panel enclosing the radio be held with some sort of spring clips? Wouldn't seem likely, but if there are no screws accessible, I'm stumped!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #18
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Question

I too have been wondering how to get to the back side of our Sony, it's mounted in the curb side front overhead with no visible mount screws. Will check back often for a resolution...thanks.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Possible answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post

I too have been wondering how to get to the back side of our Sony, it's mounted in the curb side front overhead with no visible mount screws. Will check back often for a resolution...thanks.

Bob
Hi, on my radio in the overhead cabinet there is an access door. [piece of wood] screwed on with about four screws. If you remove this panel you can get to the radio wires. With my radio, was a little plastic box which held my radio remote, which I never use. But inside of this little box, are two little release tools for removing your radio. [similar to the Ford radio release tools] I believe there also should be instructions on how to use the release tools.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #20
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY

Bob,

Just went out to look for the panel you spoke of, don't see any screws or an access panel. Could you post a quick pic.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

RLC
Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #21
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
I too just went out and looked again. There are no screws anywhere. But I did follow up on those brackets, here is a link to them http://www.docs.sony.com/release/CDXCA710Xinstall.pdf . He is talking about #4 on it. I'm guessing the radio has to come out from the front, then you can see how the box is attached.

Bob
Old 09-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS View Post
I too just went out and looked again. There are no screws anywhere. But I did follow up on those brackets, here is a link to them http://www.docs.sony.com/release/CDXCA710Xinstall.pdf . He is talking about #4 on it. I'm guessing the radio has to come out from the front, then you can see how the box is attached.

Bob
Thanks for posting that link. Sounds like you may have solved the mystery for us!

I had previously found those little release keys in the Airstream bag that came with our trailer but had no idea what they were.

Came close to throwing them away a couple of times while throwing away old expired warranty papers etc.

I don't think I did chuck them - hope not - better go check!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #23
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Have never seen those key's anywhere.

Time to go to the obnoxiously loud audio store...

RLC

RLC
Old 09-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #24
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
The keys worked good. Radio came out with no problems. There was a connection in back for L & R speaker output that I was able to use for the transmitter to plug into. Still no screws to take out! The only thing that might hold it together is it feels like some air nails were used from the top in the front and there is one screw that Might go to it from the other side up in the front corner. I"m having the same problem on how to take the speaker out above the stove fan! There does not seam to be any screws anywhere. Would like to install better speakers.

Bob
Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post

Bob,

Just went out to look for the panel you spoke of, don't see any screws or an access panel. Could you post a quick pic.
Hi, one picture of the black box with the radio keys. [third key unknown at this time and allen wrench I put in there for the shower control handle] The other picture shows a white piece of wood overlapping the cabinet wall next to the radio. Looks like two screws holding it in place, didn't want to remove all my stuff for picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0886 (Large).JPG
Views:	75
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	87961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0885 (Large).JPG
Views:	80
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	87962  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #26
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY

Thanks for the pic's Bob....

As you can see we be a little different.

I really haven't spent much time checking how the mount box is put together. Got a feeling that the hole you see in the bottom of the box has something to do with how it comes apart. No "keys" were supplied. When it's time for an up-grade I'll spend more time figger'n.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS RADIO 002.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	87976   Click image for larger version

Name:	AS RADIO 004.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	87977  

RLC

RLC
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Safari S/O
pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Third key is for the bathroom door in case it gets locked with no one inside.