Old 10-17-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
Minneapolis , Minnesota
(simple) Antenna Question

Hi all,
I have a 2018 AS. The over-the-air antenna works just as it is supposed to. For travelling it will be just fine.
I have just purchased a lot at the Minnesota Airstream Park, which is about 70 miles away from Minneapolis/St. Paul. The built in antenna barely picks up the Twin Cities signal. I would like to add a stationary pole mounted antenna with greater range.
Is it as simple as just running the coax from the auxiliary antenna into the "cable" input on my Airstream?
Thanks,
-John

Gopher John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #2
kpm
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Mound , Minnesota
Yes, I believe that will work, although that route will bypass the built-in antenna amplifier. If you want one for the external antenna you will have to supply your own. You might also try asking your Airstream park neighbors what they've done regarding specific antennas, mounting, etc. No telling what you might find out

kpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Thanks KPM. I don't think I'll need a signal amplifier if I get a good "directional" outdoor antenna - since all of the channels are coming from the same general direction.
Gopher John is offline   Reply With Quote