Old 05-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Secure Your TV Mount Prior to Traveling

I thought my TV mount was secure when I towed my AS 2008 Classic 25FB about 20 miles to get the Dometic fridge recall done. We've only had it about a month. When I got the my destination I went inside and to my horror the TV had swung around up against the steel finished fridge door. No dents but several scratches.

After the recall was finished I check the mount and I could have sworn it was locked but when I got to storage the TV was loose again. I couple more scuffs and scratches. I was about ready to run in front of a truck!

I spent some time looking at the TV mount and when its locked I can push up and pull on it and it stays secure. I'm worried it will pop open again and will use a velcro strap to tie it down until I determine its not coming unlatched when the trailer hits a bump. When we first got the trailer it was difficult to unlock it. I'd pull the strap and would have to stick my finger on the lever and push down on it, now it unlocks easy with one pull.

Unfortunately, the 7 cu/ft fridge doesn't have removeable panel from what I can determine. I have to live with the scratches unless there is a way to touch up the scratches. But then if the problem with the fridge staying cool while traveling isn't fixed I just get a new fridge and get new doors. I'm not going to mess with a refurbished cooling unit.

Kelvin

Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Ours has a plastic safety "belt" that goes around the mount arms preventing it from swinging out from the wall, no mater if the mount is locked or not.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
We bought a new led tv and kept the formed styrofoam corners that came with it.I then installed two straps.Now when traveling I have the Styrofoam in place and can cinch the tv down tight.When at our destination I store the foam in the compartments under the booth.Works great!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
I installed a Morryde tv mount earlier this spring. It is more expensive than others but seems extremely well built.
MOR/ryde Products
Hensley with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I got lucky. The "scratches" were only plastic residue for the TV casing. I was able to remove them using a Mr Clean Magic Eraser lightly rubbing up and down. I'm still going to look for a strap to tie it down.

Kelvin
Old 05-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
I got lucky. The "scratches" were only plastic residue for the TV casing. I was able to remove them using a Mr Clean Magic Eraser lightly rubbing up and down. I'm still going to look for a strap to tie it down.

Kelvin
A battery box hold down strap will work. Put the strap mounts one above and one below the TV, and run the strap through them and over the TV.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Kansas City , Missouri
And while you're back there putting on the safety belt, it'd be good to check the screws holding the TV to the mount. I checked mine last week and they weren't very secure.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Anything that slides or swings in the trailer will have their locks and catches challenged going down the road. Good to have a backup strap on the tv mounts, and check the door/drawer latches for security and wear.

doug k
Old 05-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Found a velcro strap to use and its installed. Going out this weekend to test everything again, shakedown trip II.

Kelvin
Old 06-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
amelia island , Florida
Need help have an 03 land yacht and has a small tv enclosed in case in bedroom. issues are
have antenna jack with 2 digital streaming devices, the front tv works fine, back one will not come in/find any channels at all. both boxes are green on digital stream,
pulled out the Tv to check connections,now can't get it back in correctly. Has a metal plate on back of it and screws that are suppose to come up from bottom and into metal plate, tried all afternoon but can't seem to line up the plate, any suggestions? Cant see in there at all. Thanks