Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
2trackrr

1991 34' Limited
Waxahachie , Texas
Replace Speakers in 91 34Ft

I have a 1991 34 ft C/L with speakers on wall Just upgraded radio with a Reto Sound Radio with all the bells and whistles such as B/T and USB connections. The new radio fit the old mount and looks like a factory install (Well better than)
Now I must replace speakers. My ears can take it any longer.
How do you remove the speaker covers as I can find no screws. It looks like a snap on cover but I have not been able to get it off without messing it up. Also what size speakers are they.
2trackrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Corner Brook , Newfoundland
With a table knife or similar you pry off the fabric covered grill. The screws to. Remove speaker are under the grill.
Iys.Da.Bye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Ridgefield , Washington
If you're planning to replace the speakers, don't worry too much about messing up the speaker covers. They're trash too. Just use whatever tool you need to yank them off. The screws that secure the speaker will be visible once the covers are removed. You can remove one of those old speakers and take it with you when you go to shop for new speakers. That will make it easy to find new speakers that are the right size. Don't forget to consider the depth of the new speakers if they're installed in a tight space. Installation of the new speakers should be pretty easy.

When we took delivery of our new AS in 2001, it didn't take me long to discover that it came directly from the factory missing one of the four speakers. Rather than going back to the dealer and getting a replacement, I took the opportunity to upgrade to new Infinity speakers. I still have not regretted that decision.
Nomad518 is offline   Reply With Quote