Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Replace factory DVD with Xbox One?

Has anyone on here replaced their DVD player with a Xbox One or a PS4?

The xbox one has a wifi connection and we use it for streaming netflix, hulu and many other things.

We are set to get our airstream in about 8 weeks. I am assuming there is only an HDMI connection there?
denver133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:21 AM   #2

Currently Looking...
San Francisco , California
Was hoping you would get a response. Did you have any luck? I have no interest in the DCVD/BluRay player and would like to replace it with a game system. In my case PS4.
dos0sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:02 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Raleigh , North Carolina
Update DVD Airstream need to get in the technology game

Just purchased a FC 30 Bunk. Turned on Samsung DVD and found it was a smart DVD. Great right!! Wrong Ethernet only!!! What are they thinking. Has Airstream not heard of streaming!! GOOD NEWS. Samsung builds the same exact size smart DVD player with WIFI for $85!! We used it on our first trip and it worked great.

BD-J5700ZA Blu-ray Player (only issue is you have to point remote at cabinet since remote is not RF.

The only issue with using xboxor PS4 is will it fit. Pretty sure you would have to modify the panel.
jim6090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Washington , Washington, D.C.
New Bluray DVD Smart player for sale

My new Airstream Flying Cloud finally shocked me--a smart DVD player with no wireless hookup only ethernet, it does me no good so must be replaced asap and will sell for #$50, only played once!

Does anyone have all the facts on the Airstream deal with AT&T that coming out, to include antenna for wireless cell signal and unlimited data?
NoNoNomadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Clovis , New Mexico
Modify the panel and your Xbox or PS3/4 can go with you. Its a superior player compared to the equipped one .... but it also uses alot more energy. A easier solution would be simply to get a Amazon Fire Stick, or Google Chrome Cast device if your interested in streaming.
powerwiz is offline   Reply With Quote