Old 05-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Radio and USB???

I have a new AS 26U. Comes with a Clarion M303 radio. It's a Marine unit and overall the sound it produces isn't too bad.

BUT....I just copy my Apple music library as a whole to a Thumb Drive. No partitions. Put it into the USB drive and eventually song one starts to play. Select random play and a a new piece starts to play.

Okay. Turn the radio off, start it up again, select USB and song #1 starts again. This gets rather annoying. Can the USB drive be set to pick up where it left off?

Using the random setting always seems to go to the same selection each start up time.

And setting the screen display has really got me baffled. It scrolls sway all the time.

Thinking of replacing the Clarion with a PioneerX8700BT, but apparently it has the same USB repeat start issue.
http://www.crutchfield.ca/Pioneer_DE...130x8700bs.htm

Anyone replace their radio with a USB drive that picks up where it left off?
Other suggestions? Thanks

Old 05-01-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigfoot View Post
Anyone replace their radio with a USB drive that picks up where it left off?
Other suggestions?
Instead of a thumb drive, I use an iPod that I can manually "shuffle" using the iPod's own controls before plugging it into the USB port of my radio. And it does pick up where it left off. It's a 160GB iPod and has a whole month's worth of music stored on it, over 11,000 songs.

But if I don't manually use "Shuffle Songs" on the iPod itself before plugging it in, it also starts on the same song every time.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:15 PM   #3
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
I set my usb up with artist folders and the songs inside. I had to number the folders to get a natural progression of my Jimmy Buffett albums.
My Sony will start from where I stopped it, shuffle defeated. It will start over if I remove and replace the drive.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Instead of a thumb drive, I use an iPod that I can manually "shuffle" using the iPod's own controls before plugging it into the USB port of my radio. And it does pick up where it left off. It's a 160GB iPod and has a whole month's worth of music stored on it, over 11,000 songs.

But if I don't manually use "Shuffle Songs" on the iPod itself before plugging it in, it also starts on the same song every time.
Wow....what a great suggestion. I have an original iPod kicking around...always charged up....dug it out, updated it, and plugged it into the USB drive and it worked as you stated. Sound output is even better than from the TD. Shuffle works great. Charges when in use. Picks up were it was turned off. Also works with Bluetooth.

You made my day Protagonist.....Thanks. Don