Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
fair haven , New Jersey
problem with DVD player

We have a 2006 25' Safari. The dealer installed a Blaupunkt DVD player in the cabinet above the refrigerator. We've not been able to use it, and I think it's because of the installation (although the dealer claims that no one else is having a problem). The unit is installed flush against the wall of the cabinet, restricting airflow. The problem seems to be further compounded by the heat from the refrigerator. Has anyone had a similar experience? We're bringing it to the dealer for the second time for this problem.
Thanks
Syl
(PS - nice forum!)
mother ship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:39 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
When you say not able to use it....Is it completely dead? Does the radio work? Is it the DVD/CD portion not working? Does it power up? Did they replace it on the first service return?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
fair haven , New Jersey
Wow - you're quick! It's got power going to it (according to indicator light). The radio was installed separately. That and the TV work fine. When we brought it in for service the first time, they claimed that we overheated it by trying to use it with the cabinet door closed (which I'm not sure we did), and they reset it. However, we have since kept the door open (except when traveling) and can't get it to turn on or eject the DVD that is once again stuck in it. Of course, it's a pain to keep the door open, because my husband's a tall guy and he's not crazy about having to dodge cabinet doors in those tight quarters.
Thanks
Syl
Old 07-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Overheating....It is possible but I doubt it. We are talking about car audio equipment so it is designed to be in high temperature high stress environments i.e. your car dash. I'm not familiar with your specific model. We have the JVC unit in ours. I would tell them you want the unit replaced don't bother trying to fix it. They should just swap it out and send it back to the manufacturer.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
fair haven , New Jersey
I think you're right - and I agree that the unit is probably defective. I'll let you know how we make out.
Thanks
Syl