Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2018, 09:02 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1965 28' Ambassador
Irving , Texas
Smile Options for Television,Bluray, and refer

I want to add a 24in tv to my coach.

Most I have found are 110 AC but are rated 19v DC not 12v.
I need some direction here.
I have an AC Bluray,AC dorm refer I would like to run on battery when needed.I assume I should stay all AC and use an inverter?

How many watts and type? The stereo would be a car unit direct to battery.I do have a microwave but probably pulls too much power to put in mix.

So basically the AC units plug into inverter and the inverter is wired directly to battery?Also what can I expect from a King antenna.Does anyone bother with Dish.I will be in this thing full time.
bwaysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Base the inverter selection by the total number of watts needed. Different sizes will attach differently. The dish antenna will get its power from the reciever, use that number for your calculations.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:21 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
If you want to stay at 12v, Jenson makes some TVs you could run without an inverter. I link to those in this thread.

There are also boost power supplies that will convert 12v to 19v more efficiently than an Inverter. Depends on how much you want to conserve power.

Aso this site lists other 12v TVs and TV/Disc combos https://campaddict.com/12-volt-tv/
daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote