Old 06-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
Prairie Schooner
2005 25' Safari
Coupeville , Washington
Need Guidance selecting/installing TV

I just purchased a 2005 vintage 25' Safari Twin Bed. This trailer has never seen a TV despite the antenna that it came installed with. I would like to mount a flat screen TV on the wall that frames the forward-facing side of the fridge but I am concerned about the proximity of the fridge. I certainly don't want to risk drilling into it. Do I need to actually remove the fridge in order to drill through the wall to install a backing plate? I assume such a thing is necessary but perhaps not. Or is the wall thickness substantial enough to just use wood screws to support a wall mount and an attached flat screen TV?

As for the bedroom, the wardrobe over the starboard side twin bed has a door that covers a (I assume) removable panel. I think that it was intended for a TV. In 2005 flat screens were beginning to become the norm in RV's, so the door might have been a manufacturing holdover from tube TV days. At any rate, I can drill through the door and panel. Access behind them is easy.

As an aside, has anyone had experience with flat screen TV/DVD combo units? I've not seen any advertised with Blu-ray by the way. Don't have to have blu-ray but it'd be nice.

Just looking for any guidance and perhaps similar vintage setups.

Chris & Bobbi Bradley

“Is this goin’ to be a standup fight, or another bug hunt?”
- Bill Paxton (Private Hudson in the movie Aliens, 1986)
christopherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona

lol, We have a "vintage" 2004 classic that has the same set up I believe. Have 2 TV"S, both with DVD players. I put the heavy one in front since there is less bouncing there. I used just half way big 4 wood screws that are about 1" long for the plate. I then mounted the bracket to it with the 2 screws. Do not know about blue ray. We have traveled about 8 yrs. with this set up and no problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0086.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	265363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0201.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	265364  

Julia & Bob
W/ Deedee & Boo