Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Mystery bundle of wires.

This is a photo of a mystery bundle of wires underneath my front couch. Trailer is a 2006 Safari LS 23. Any ideas what their purpose may be? I am guessing the red and white RCA plugs might be from the radio(?). The other wires are gray, blue and white.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	220423  

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
The red and white RCA cables are audio in to your radio for TV through the AS speakers. At least that's what mine were for....it didn't have a factory TV. The others look like power and ground for some option you don't have from the factory, but I have no idea what circuit.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
My Grandparents Airstream

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Selking
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
This is a photo of a mystery bundle of wires underneath my front couch. Trailer is a 2006 Safari LS 23. Any ideas what their purpose may be? I am guessing the red and white RCA plugs might be from the radio(?). The other wires are gray, blue and white.

These wires are for a Sub Woofer if you wanted to install one. Talk to someone from the younger generation. I am sure they would be happy to help you install one in an Airstream and make it sound real good.
WBCCI #6062
International 3rd Vice President

"Airstream the Best trailer ever built."
Andrew Selking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Selking View Post
These wires are for a Sub Woofer if you wanted to install one. Talk to someone from the younger generation. I am sure they would be happy to help you install one in an Airstream and make it sound real good.
Thanks, but not really necessary. My radio sounds just fine to me. I would like to be able to plug in a IPad/thumb drive. I have not checked but I suppose I can get an adapter for that.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Actually, the 2006 was supposed to come with a subwoofer. Many of them were removed, after the owners of the trailers experienced issues with them. Probably 85+% of trailer owners say they do not miss the subwoofer.
The regular electrical-looking wires were probably for a solar install pre-wire.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Mine was ordered without the entertainment package by PO. First thing I did was add an amp and a subwoofer. Great improvement! I think Andrew is right though....the audio out for the TV was "supposed" to be up by the fridge upper vent. Never found that end, and had to run a new one. Forgot about the sub!

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote